• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yep..... NASCAR is done....

I keep reading the "Nascar is dead" threads but no one has really hit the nail on the head for me. Just seems that for some reason I'm much less interested these days.
The Stewart incident didn't help for sure.

What would you suggest to make NASCAR racing better?
What about a spending limit on each team!

A complete overhaul which they're unwilling to do. Move back towards the Southern base, add more short tracks to the schedule, some more road courses (racing at Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama would be a good start), etc. Abandon some of the tracks like Chicago. Go back to the rule stating that the car has to be current production.

None of that will happen. They're slowly turning into what IROC was before it folded - a limited number of drivers driving the exact same vehicle with few differences.

A complete overhaul which they're unwilling to do. Move back towards the Southern base, add more short tracks to the schedule, some more road courses (racing at Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama would be a good start), etc. Abandon some of the tracks like Chicago. Go back to the rule stating that the car has to be current production.

None of that will happen. They're slowly turning into what IROC was before it folded - a limited number of drivers driving the exact same vehicle with few differences.

I would much like to see this type racing than what's going on now. I guess it's the TV broadcasts that make them the big bucks, the racing fans In attendance pay's for the track owner's. I'd like to see them do a couple of dirt track races a few times a year.

Back
Top Bottom