• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

yes legal advise on an open forum - school registration fraud

I have seen an Ohio mother jailed for falsefying official documents. It was a felon.
Most school districts make you sign a document stating you live in the correct district.
My child attended an out of district school. It was within the same county. We had to
have permission each year.
I believe it is a big deal. I personally try to obey most laws and or rules.
I feel others should do the same.
Before reporting anyone, be sure to get your facts together.
God Bless.

I'm sure there are many "who cares" on the internet. They get a kick out of showing how tough they are.
If someone was making my kids part of a lie. I'd make it stop.
I cant help it I just have integrity.

I'm sure there are many "who cares" on the internet. They get a kick out of showing how tough they are.
If someone was making my kids part of a lie. I'd make it stop.
I cant help it I just have integrity.

It's hard to teach your kids right and wrong when they live a lie. Plus they'll make new friends and have to leave when / if they are found out. But that seems to be okay with half the people here. My guess is these people don't have kids.

Get it set right. Someone else may report it in the future for some reason and then your kids will be hurt worse because they had made friends there and were part of a lie. Once notified the school will handle it, so leave it to them. I am a father, domestic/family attorney(one area of my practice), and have represented school systems in the past. Your best choice is to set things straight and in accordance with law. However, don't believe this is a singular instance that will provide you with grounds to beat the ex in Court with. Also, i doubt the school system will take any punitive action against your ex, even though they could. Set this right to avoid a lot of trouble, shame and painful memories to your children. Nothing may ever happen, but if it did, it will hurt them. That is why you set it right. I would suggest, before calling the school district you confront your ex, but I understand if that is not an option. If your school district is better than hers, then see if the ex would agree to it, but again, some ex spousal relationships do not afford that sort of cooperation, even when it is best for the kids.
Best of luck with this, not an easy situation to deal with.
Also, I am assuming she has final decision making authority when it comes to education for the children. You might want to remind her that she needs to show the ability to exercise that authority responsibly, lest she might not be worthy to have it.
My two cents, not legal advice.

Last edited:
You need a family law lawyer, why not call the one you used when you got divorced? The lawyer you used is probably still on file with the court as representing you and familiar with your case, so having him/her give you advice is not only a good idea, its also part of your lawyers continuing obligation to represent you.

way to assume his intentions fella, all he said was hes divorced and didnt go into detail, yall should either give a helpful opinion or not post such childish remark. like that guy gives a **** about the advice of faceless folks who chime in on a situation they dont understand via snippy internet posts

personally, ya cool better education, but its still technically fraud and those restrictions are set for reasons. i wouldnt like it if a bunch of folks three counties over were overcrowding my educational center just because it was better. they can apply legally for transfers and what not, it has to do with debasing a system with limited resources

contact the counties education department or whatever municipality this is occurring in. no need to sick something on someone you know out of spite, but if its a true cause for concern do it, i mean why should only some people follow BS laws right?

Thanks for the insight, now where is my give a s**t?

Back
Top Bottom