• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yet another help me decide on my first suppressor

shadow102

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
6   0
Reaction score
With a healthy tax return on the way and just receiving my trust paperwork from heavyd I decided I will be picking up my first suppressor. First though is deciding which one I want to buy, obviously there will be more purchased in the future along with a SBR stamp. However I would like to get the most use out of my first one while I recoup funds until I buy the second.

As it stands right now i have a m&p 15-22, two 300blk ar's, 5.56 ar, p226 9mm (i would have to buy a threaded barrel), and a 1911 (also would have to buy a threaded barrel). Everything else is not suppressor capable without some work. I also plan on hog hunting with the 300blk this year at some point. Most of what i have found suggests buying a .22lr dedicated can first then go from there. However with all the options out there and the ability for the multi cal cans its left me unable to choose between everything i have come across. I have looked at the Liberty Mystic X but with all the adapters i would have to buy since it doesn't come with anything the price is a bit tough to swallow, liking the silencerco harvester, thompson machine 30, but i do know certain 9mm and 45acp (osprey and tirant) can also handle subsonic 300blk. I guess i just wanted to know if i am missing anything or if anyone can provide a little more insight before i make the purchase. I will more than likely be buying from quiet riot but will also be checking GA firing line or Cherokee g&p since I am close to them.

You have a ton of options. I'd recommend getting a .30 cal can for the 300BLK and a 22 can. What's your budget though because you could get some decent cans or one nice one depends on your funds.

You have a ton of options. I'd recommend getting a .30 cal can for the 300BLK and a 22 can. What's your budget though because you could get some decent cans or one nice one depends on your funds.

The .22 definitely needs it's own can. Rim fire is VERY dirty and needs regular cleaning. Large caliber cans don't need it really. I did the same. .22 can and a .30 cal can for rifles. Too much swapping for pistol cans on a rifle and make 1 mistake with ammo and you could destroy your can on a rifle. Plus you've got invest in all those attachments. Hell you almost buy another can for that cost.

I went with Silencer Co. Sparrow SS and the Specwar 7.62.

budget is about $1000ish....but would prefer to come well under that. Thats the problem with the mystic x, seems like and awesome can but after i am done i can almost buy two

budget is about $1000ish....but would prefer to come well under that. Thats the problem with the mystic x, seems like and awesome can but after i am done i can almost buy two

You're going to be hard pressed to get more than 1 can (with stamp) for under $1K. As it's been stated many times on cans. Buy the best you can afford as it's a lifetime purchase.

$1000 isn't alot in NFA since each item is an extra $200. You could get a AAC 762SD for $760 including stamp and then a AAC Pilot 2 from Cherokee Gun for $179 plus taxes so around $390. Thats right around $1150 but you can put the Pilot on layaway at Cherokee.

I was in you shoes on which to get and jake at QRF helped me out. I went with the SpecWar 762 for the fact that; its build like a tank, simple design, price point after stamp kept me under $1000, and for my needs it would fulfill everything I wanted. Get the SpecWar first, then later get a 22 can.

Yeah I have no doubt I couldn't actually get two for 1k, when I do get a .22 can it will be the spectre ii that's one thing I already decided on.

I wasn't even looking at the specwar though, what would make the specwar a better choice over the harvester?

The Specwar is the quieter than the Harvester and SDN6.

The Harvester was developed to be a lightweight hunting suppressor used on bolt action or single shot rifle and the max rate of fire is 10 round per minute. If you go over this you need to wait for the suppressor to cool.

For your intended use I would suggest the Specwar. It is rated for calibers up to .300RUM and is also rated for SBR and full-auto use.

Specwar also comes with the muzzle device for quick attach/detach but solid lock up.

Back
Top Bottom