• Are you hitting on me geek

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BLIP

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
STOCKS REFINISHED
657   1
Reaction score
Hey guys I ended up liquidating all my old vices last year and thought I could get away with a cheap Harbor Freight model but it did not stand up to the abuse. I was kind of glad cuz I like old vices better.
I found this old Colombian that was rust-covered tucked away in a vintage shop and brought her home to give her some swivel LOVE.
Completely stripped, with a nice Acid Bath another round with the brush and an acid etch primer a couple of new bolts and some Jaws and she is ready to go.
Light duty 4 and 1/2 in with a three and a half inch opening swivel bench top vise the only thing that's the original color is the base.
20201120_165005.jpg
20201120_181911.jpg
20201120_181931.jpg
20201120_181759.jpg
20201120_165033.jpg

I’m with you Blip. A good vise is well worth the money. I have 2 big Parkers in my shop and in my garage. I’ve had the one in my shop for 40 years. I’ve pounded on it, used it to put universals in driveshafts, and have been known to every once in a while use a big length of pipe to make sure things are tightened in it. Never busted one yet.

I have a nice 4' mounted to an inline fabrication quick change plate for the ultramount system. Swap all my reloading stuff in and out on it. Everythings on quick mount plates.

Have you shown us the picture of that before I'd like to see it

No, not yet. I may get down there tomorrow and take a few. I have my Co-Ax, the vise and an RCBS bench mount swager i swap in and out. And I have the wall mount storage brackets to keep them all on when not on the ultramount. It's a fantastic system.

Back
Top Bottom