• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yogi Berra passes away at 90.

I'm not normally big on baseball.. Growing up in Cooperstown NY kind of spoiled it for me because everything is baseball and baseball is everything. But Yogi was good people. My sister got to meet him a few times and I will quote her about her first meeting with him

"I am very sad to see this, he was a wonderful man. I spent many summers in my youth working at the Otesaga hotel which houses all the baseball players for hall of fame weekend in cooperstown. The first year I was there it was impressed upon me that you do not ask for autographs , you will be fired. One of my first table cocktailing was Yogi Berra and whitey afford and their wives. You had to get a signature for the check to charge it to the room and I was so scared to ask Yogi and Whitey so when I got to the table I went to Mrs Berra first and asked if she would sign the check. She looked at me , chuckled, and said "Dear, you don't want me to sign it." Passed it to Yogi and he signed it and Whitey grabbed his from me and signed it. Until I cashed out that night , I keep looking at them, just awe struck. The next day he was in the bar having his nightly cocktail and we talked a little. When he got up for dinner he put his hand on my shoulder and told me I was a good girl. That is one of my favorite memories. I will always know Yogi Berra thought I was a good girl."

And to Quote Yogi himself

"Love is the most important thing in the world, but Baseball is pretty good too"

Back
Top Bottom