• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yotes

I seriously doubt that coyotes killed a perfectly healthy mature buck.If they did have anything to do with his demise he was probably wounded by another buck or a misplaced shot.

I seriously doubt that coyotes killed a perfectly healthy mature buck.If they did have anything to do with his demise he was probably wounded by another buck or a misplaced shot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418638639.359549.jpg it happens.

Interesting pic.I would like to know the circumstances behind it. Does anyone have video of coyotes taking down and killing a mature buck in Georgia?

Interesting pic.I would like to know the circumstances behind it. Does anyone have video of coyotes taking down and killing a mature buck in Georgia?
All I can tell you is that there was no evidence of this deer being shot and there was coyote sign everywhere. I've seen this buck and have had him on camera for two years. He was as healthy as a horse as of a couple of weeks ago. That's not to say that he couldn't have been gut shot or killed by another buck, but it didn't appear to be the case. Personally, I have no doubt that 2 or three coyotes could take down a buck. They have no problem taking down full grown does and does can be pretty aggressive when they want to. And finally, we have a serious problem down there (Twiggs County) with coyotes. Two years ago, we trapped 23 and barely put a dent in the number of yotes seen on cameras. Since this summer, we've pretty much caught one every time we put out a set. What makes it worse, is that the property is only about 250 acres.

Back
Top Bottom