• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Giveaway!  You can call me Silver Balls.....Hooray 3K Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting all your "preps" in one basket. What I mean is that the most people will put all their preps in one location (food storage all goes in the pantry, bugout gear in the garage etc). In an disaster the garage may be destroyed or the kitchen may get damaged. If you have preps throughout your location your survivability goes up along with your comfort level. I believe in redundancies.

Salt, and smoke and how to use it.
Know what you can pick on the run, and have experience eating it.
Sucking eyeballs & eating earth worms is for amateurs.

I think meds are one of the over looked things....the issue is getting them.... there are a lot of animal meds people can use....there are numerous links.... any one can buy them from a pet store....

I will wager that the #1 most overlooked prep by a MAJORITY of preppers is physical fitness, especially cardio. I will confess that I am probably as guilty of this as anyone, though I would say my level of fitness is well above the average in the 45-50 year old crowd.

This is especially important for anyone who plans to toss on a backpack and bug out for the hills. Its is the least expensive prep there is, literally requiring no budget but sweat. But certainly it's the most neglected.

I will wager that the #1 most overlooked prep by a MAJORITY of preppers is physical fitness, especially cardio. I will confess that I am probably as guilty of this as anyone, though I would say my level of fitness is well above the average in the 45-50 year old crowd.

i was going to say this exact thing. over the last 5 yrs i've ballooned up to 195 lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom