• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Giveaway!  You can call me Silver Balls.....Hooray 3K Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys Great Info!!! I am really impressed on how well all of you are doing with your preps.

Preps I completed this weekend.
Stored 50lbs of rice
Stored 50lbs of beans
Dehydrated 10lbs of fruit
Dehydrated 7 lbs of Peppers
Dehydrated 10 lbs of Jerky (Still working on this one)
Filled 100 liter sized plastic "Jars" with salt/sugar/pasta/beans etc
Canned 24 Quarts of Soup
Canned 12 pints of Strawberry Jelly

I agree in not putting all your eggs in one basket, as a commentor said. Something we have done is to adobt the cache system of storage. We use food grade buckets (You can get them from firehouse for abotu $2 with lid) as our caches around the area. We have a central facility that houses the primary preps and additional caches to resupply the preps, to prevent anyone from losing all the caches we devised a system of rings (distance from location) that will house caches to resupply. Further caches are placed at additonal bug out locations in case our primary is over run.

Please keep up all the great work guys, you are doing an excellent job.

I am in and I would say that some people forget about water purification, maybe needing gas masks, and of course, toilet paper.
But maybe even more than that people have supplies without having plans (plural).
:)

Warm clothing that will last. Many use cotton clothing, and it will deteriorate in the elements rapidly. You can't go wrong with wool. It is warm, long wearing, and will retain up to 95% of its warmth when wet. This page will provide more insight: http://www.wildwoodsurvival.com/survival/clothing/keepingheatin.html

You can find quality 100% wool for reasonable prices, you just have to look.

Speaking of Caches, Go to your local Goodwill (or Thrift Store) and you can find some round coolers of various sizes with the screw on top. Perfect for making a Cache on the cheap to be buried with supplies of your choice. Simply seal the pouring spout with some silicone, and look for the ones with O-Rings on the lid for sealing.

Warm clothing that will last. Many use cotton clothing, and it will deteriorate in the elements rapidly. You can't go wrong with wool. It is warm, long wearing, and will retain up to 95% of its warmth when wet. This page will provide more insight: http://www.wildwoodsurvival.com/survival/clothing/keepingheatin.html

You can find quality 100% wool for reasonable prices, you just have to look.

Speaking of Caches, Go to your local Goodwill (or Thrift Store) and you can find some round coolers of various sizes with the screw on top. Perfect for making a Cache on the cheap to be buried with supplies of your choice. Simply seal the pouring spout with some silicone, and look for the ones with O-Rings on the lid for sealing.

I agree. Clothing and Shelter are crucial for those wanting to bug out to a safe location. Most if not all of us are clueless when it comes to making our own clothes or fabrics.....might be something worth while in learning.

I have a lot of wool from my back country (Winter) trips that rotate into caches during the summers so I agree on the wool part. Something else is Fleece these are great inventions that will keep you warm even when wet. Finally, I would advise people to cache clothing and SHOES as well.....doesn't do much good to live through the intial chaos then die from stepping on a rusty nail in bad boots.

I think it would be important to 3months supply of ready to eatfood ,300gallons of water,100gallons of diesel,diesel powered generator,,.22rifle,revolver,semiauto handgun,shotgun ,assault rifle,ammo,and 2grenades. Any a purifing system to purify your pee so it's able to becoming water again.

alot of new preppers fail to prepare themselves for the mental stresses that come from a disaster. Are you ready to get the fresh protein you need from your neighbors cat, your pet hamster, or that raccoon? Do you know how to prepare them properly?

alot of new preppers fail to prepare themselves for the mental stresses that come from a disaster. Are you ready to get the fresh protein you need from your neighbors cat, your pet hamster, or that raccoon? Do you know how to prepare them properly?

I agree, in the military they try and instruct you under pressure to complete the mission. What preppers need to take from those lessons is that you are only as strong as your mind tells you. If you have a strong mind, things will be A LOT Easier. Weak Mind....well people will benefit from your foresight in preps.

I think it would be important to 3months supply of ready to eatfood ,300gallons of water,100gallons of diesel,diesel powered generator,,.22rifle,revolver,semiauto handgun,shotgun ,assault rifle,ammo,and 2grenades. Any a purifing system to purify your pee so it's able to becoming water again.

Just two Grenades??? Wheres the fun in that?? lol

I agree those are the basics but three months of food will go FAST (Especially if you haven't sealed it right, have rodents, heat/cold issues, etc) you may think you have three months then go to open up those packages and find them destroyed. I advise clients to have seperate caches of stuff, this way if one is captured/stolen/ruined/etc there is other options for the family.

I tend to advise people against a generator unless they live in remote areas.....I would not want to be the one ass hole with lights on when everyone else is in the dark in the city. An alternative solution would be to salvage an alternator, car battery, old bicycle, and an invertor to make your own electricity....Think Low Tech Viet Cong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom