• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Giveaway!  You can call me Silver Balls.....Hooray 3K Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
3000 wow bro, toilet paper= there is no equal but how about using the clothes off the last intruder on ur property :D.
P.s. I'm June 14 (flag day)

I agree toilet paper will be worth more than gold in a true SHTF scenario especially if its long term. Something we have started doing is everytime we go to sams/costco we buy a large case of toilet paper. You would be suprised how fast it adds up. An additional resource for those of you that live in apartments, you can go to the gym, pool, public bathrooms and "Aquire" some of those large rolls of TP......an option, plus it improves your scavenging skills.

June 14th huh? No wonder we are friends lol

Something I haven't seen anyone mention:

Cooking Oil....otherwise how do you plan to cook those rice and beans?
Lamp Oil....Batteries run out, better to use them for exploring than at home doing chores.
Seasonings.....Do you plan to eat all your meals plain? Not a good plan campers.
Bandages and Basic Medical Supplies......when a small scratch can kill you....why not be ready for those?
Socks....Anyone know how to make their own? Anyone expect not to be WALKING ALOT?
Hygiene Items.....Growing a sweater on your teeth is no fun....
Smokeless Cooking System.....Chances are if your on a BO then your on the run....don't be stupid and let a fire's smoke/smell give away your position.
Rain Gear....Being Wet Sucks....Being Cold and Wet is a death wish.
Map and Compass.....Not enough preppers know how to navigate with just a map and a compass. There will be times you are going miles away from you location might be a good idea.
Feminine Products.....I would imagine most of you plan to take your wives/girlfriends. (Plus they make great trauma bandages)
Games & Entertainment.....you need to have something to occupy the time you can't be outside working, plus kids will need a longer transition than others.
Bartering Items.....The last thing you want to be is a "SHTF Kingpin" because your going to end up dead....but having small caches of barter items could make your life a hell of a lot better. (Read Servo's blog from Bosnia......2 hours with a woman for some cans of cornned beef.....don't over look what resources you have.)

Does anyone know where to find individually wrapped TP rolls like Costco used to carry? They are now in six packs which leads to all kinds of moisture risk once opened.

I have recently stocked up on pellets for air guns. They were on super sale, small easy to store tins, and I figure they will be quiet for small game acquisition.

Love the thread - I would never have thought of so many options!

Does anyone know where to find individually wrapped TP rolls like Costco used to carry? They are now in six packs which leads to all kinds of moisture risk once opened.

I have recently stocked up on pellets for air guns. They were on super sale, small easy to store tins, and I figure they will be quiet for small game acquisition.

Love the thread - I would never have thought of so many options!

Ebay has the individual wrapped rolls, otherwise you have to go through a distributor. Something you may be able to consider is to google commercial toilet paper rolls and see what you can find. I know HD Supply Facilities Maintenance Sells them but you may have to drive to Norcross.

sanitary stuff, the best thing i saw was using a 1 gal garden sprayer as a bidet so you do not have to fill a whole room full of toilet paper

Thats a really GREAT IDEA!!!

I have used everything from smooth river stones to my own sock when #2 Calls, this would be a really good idea for people. Thanks for sharing.

I prep for everything like it's a Hurricane --gas for the gen-and gas for all veh and boat- lots of water-week worst of food plus what i have--Meds-smokes-beer-chain saw running w/gas and oil-secure the property and put down shutters--cash--propane for the grills-5 bottles--already keep alot on hand--sit back and wait

Practice. Example: having a solar oven and never using it. A grid down situation is not the time to learn a new skill. Grinding wheat for bread when the stores are empty and you want french toast. First time I ever tried it the bread was inedible, though syrup may have help. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom