• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You getting the muzzle loader out?

Everything is together and waiting on the alarm to go off in the morning. And today starts my vacation for the start of the season for me. I do t go back to work until 10/27/14.

I've been bow hunting one freakin time this year...Won't get to go this weekend either so no blackpowder for me and I'm pissed...I have over a month of vacation days saved for rifle season though..Happy about that. 8 days off starting next weekend. Can't wait. Only got to hunt a handful of times last season. Saw a ton of deer but no shooters for me. This year I'm declaring war. :)

Edited: Until next weekend I am living vicariously through all of you hunting so please post pics of successful hunts for those of us who have not had time. Good luck!

Last edited:
Got to stand way too late. Unfortunately not atypical. Less than an hour later driven out by rain. Now sitting in blind in Pouring rain and haven't seen a thing. At least it's hot and the rain adds to the humidity. So there is that.... :)

haha...Yeah it was warm this morning. I was driving home from work and went through a shower and all I could think was "I'd love to be out there when it stops"...I love to hunt in the rain. Deer will move during and especially after a good rain. They'll come out in the open too. Killed many deer because I was there when it stopped raining. I got wet to do it but its worth it almost every time. Come on October 18th!

Back
Top Bottom