• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You getting the muzzle loader out?

Yep. It was hot and nota for seeing deer. About the same way bow season went. All is ok...still have high expectations for before church tomorrow!

haha...Yeah it was warm this morning. I was driving home from work and went through a shower and all I could think was "I'd love to be out there when it stops"...I love to hunt in the rain. Deer will move during and especially after a good rain. They'll come out in the open too. Killed many deer because I was there when it stopped raining. I got wet to do it but its worth it almost every time. Come on October 18th!
Yep, right after a good rain I'm in the woods!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hikingthehills
Yep, right after a good rain I'm in the woods!

I'm in the woods now in the rain

It can turn out to be a wise decision. I hunt in the rain just so I can be there the minute it stops. They'll have no clue you're there.

I killed my biggest buck in these woods while it was raining. He would never come out til dark. Then one afternoon I went out in a light rain but it got heavier while I was out and at6:30 pm way before dark he stepped out in the logging road. That was my first kill with this muzzle loader a and I was glad I could keep it dry in that rain

i guess all the nice peace and quiet is over. now ive got to wear orange and listen to bang bang every morning. would suite me just fine if georgia was an archery only state, it damn sure needs to be.

I love the muzzleloader. It's accurate and humane. You shoot, it drops. when you have one shot people pick their shot better. I've killed more deer with a .50 Hawken then with all other guns combined. I think most people hunt a little different, just because of what they're holding. I've never had it fail to fire. (I'm a big believer in putting a piece of tape over the muzzle, that's all that's needed to keep the powder dry in the rain.) There's little shooting during a primitive weapons hunt. Many a year the .270 and the .30/.30 never made it out of the safe and the Hawken filled the freezer. To me there's just something special about hunting with a muzzleloader. To boot you can shoot all day at the range for nearly nothing. If you haven't tried it you really should, you might find another thing you love.

Back
Top Bottom