• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know most 30-30s and lever guns in general suck and can't hit a pie plate at 100 yards.

For sure some gen x'rs, but still mainly driven by Boomers.
From my own experience as a seller I gotta agree with Karl. It's mostly dudes in there 40's and 50's paying a premium for old lever and bolt guns.

There's two kinds of boomers mostly. Ones that have done well for themselves, have a large collection of guns already and ain't paying $800 for a gun they already have 8 of them that they paid $100 for.

And broke boomers living on SS who couldn't afford a $250 marlin a few years ago and damn sure can't know.

The main way boomers are driving the market is by never selling ****.

Circa 1965?
Lol...in 1985 to 1990. Actually the more I think about it - they were $189 & $209. It was a long time ago!

That would be about $550 in 2022.

1651588622123.png

550 is not 1000
That is the difference in retail vs inflated flipper pricing though. The Ruger built Marlin 45-70 SBL goes for well under a grand dealer cost but are all over gunbroker for $2500 and even a few here for close to that. It is just a shame that they are sold via allocation system so the ones who spend the most gets the better pick. In other words, I might see one available from a distributor in a year or so.

Back
Top Bottom