• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know most 30-30s and lever guns in general suck and can't hit a pie plate at 100 yards.

A lot of the reviews say that a new front sight will be needed. Is this true or will the standard front sight normally work?
More than likely yes. I've put Skinner sights on 2 of my 30-30s and am still sorting out the correct front sight post height. If you go that route SGT Murphy, go with the red fiber optic front sight post. BIG improvement over the original brass bead.

I will probably go back with low power scope.
I looked down the sights on my Rossi 92 44 magnum and I realized I can barely (it's a little blurry) see the front sight now. Getting older sucks. I may have to get an optic as well. I will try it wearing my contacts first and see if that helps. I hate to ruin the look of the old lever gun.

I just ordered 5 boxes of the 170 grainers from Cabelas. It was the only place that had any. I have found over the years that a heavier bullet is generally more accurate but that is just my experience.

Can't wait to get this thing. I love new firearms.

View attachment 4252746View attachment 4252747View attachment 4252748View attachment 4252749View attachment 4252750View attachment 4252751View attachment 4252752View attachment 4252754

Congrats. That's a very nice rifle! Don't break it! :pound:

Amen! The only ammo I hunt with is Hornady SST'S! Been that way many years.
Yup. I grew up on hornady ammunition. Love the stuff.

IMG_0137[1].JPG

A lot of the reviews say that a new front sight will be needed. Is this true or will the standard front sight normally work?
Mine is doing fine. I have 4 lever guns with these, the Rossi's and Henry did not, the Winchester did. The Winchester has the taller version of the Williams, due to the top ejection.

Back
Top Bottom