• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know what's awesome?....

is there a reason that you will not bow hunt your property?

Yep. I'd be breaking out my crossbow, especially if I hadn't been successful all season. (Of course I still have never got one at all....just started hunting and have only been out 3 or 4 times). But I sure am tempted to get my crossbow when they stroll through my back yard.

... sitting on your deck watching a sure enough trophy 10 pointer and a very nice 8 and 8 other deer for about an hour and a half, until you can't stand it anymore so you drive to your hunting property so you can see nothing. THAT's what's awesome! :frusty:

I hear you on this.....

is there a reason that you will not bow hunt your property?
I can legally shoot a gun on my property. Even though they are pretty wild and getting within bow range would be a serious challenge, killing a suburban deer, at least so far, doesn't really hold any attraction to me. I'd rather watch them. I have no problem shooting suburban coyotes though. ;) I don't own a bow.
I need to get the pictures posted though so y'all can tell me how stupid I am.... :cool:

I'm very excited to know that next year I will be hunting on 30 private acres only 8 miles from my house.

I have exclusive permission to hunt, plant food plots, put up trail cams, ladder stands.....all in return for posting the property, clearing some atv trails, build a teared 200 yard firing range with shooting benches and a couple bridges across two streams.

I can live with that.

It borders a thousand acres of undeveloped land.

I'm very excited to know that next year I will be hunting on 30 private acres only 8 miles from my house.

I have exclusive permission to hunt, plant food plots, put up trail cams, ladder stands.....all in return for posting the property, clearing some atv trails, build a teared 200 yard firing range with shooting benches and a couple bridges across two streams.

I can live with that.

It borders a thousand acres of undeveloped land.
Sounds like the definition of 'win/win'. Good luck and enjoy!

I can legally shoot a gun on my property. Even though they are pretty wild and getting within bow range would be a serious challenge, killing a suburban deer, at least so far, doesn't really hold any attraction to me. I'd rather watch them. I have no problem shooting suburban coyotes though. ;) I don't own a bow.
I need to get the pictures posted though so y'all can tell me how stupid I am.... :cool:

Get yourself a good crossbow.

I've got some semi suburban deer in the back yard but these deer are extremely cautious all the time.

I did get a chance to see two identical 8 points in the back yard this season and watched as a young 6 pointer got initiated into their batchelor group right in my yard.

He walked up to the big 8 pointer, coyishly lowered his head and the big boy let the little guy show off a bit then he cocked his head once to show how bad ass he was then the little guy backed off, but it almost seemed like the big 8 pointer was acting fatherly and was gentle with the little guy.....then he went back to grazing.

The 6 point did not show up with the four does he normally ran with from that day forward....not have I seen the 8 pointers since.

Back
Top Bottom