• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know what's awesome?....

First season in over 40 yrs with no Deer. Buried 3 brothers this season and caught the Flu for a month..2014 Has got to be better, first time there is no Venison in the house..May you all have a great and safe New Years Day!

I feel the same way about squirrel hunting. I look out the window at 8 of them, then drive 1.5 hours to the mountains to see 2 in 3 days.

Squirrel hunting is the same sometimes.

Yes it is. Hunt you butt off all morning and see hardly nothing, then see a dozen or so on the 12 mile drive home. Really makes ya wonder what the heck ya done wrong.

Nick T

Yes it is. Hunt you butt off all morning and see hardly nothing, then see a dozen or so on the 12 mile drive home. Really makes ya wonder what the heck ya done wrong.

Nick T

Urban animals and "wild" animals are very different. The deer I hunt on the WMA are super cautious and always seem to be alert. The squirrels are the same. It takes 20 minutes for a squirrel on the WMA to get the balls to start moving around. But it wouldn't be hunting if you didn't have to "hunt" them.

Urban animals and "wild" animals are very different. The deer I hunt on the WMA are super cautious and always seem to be alert. The squirrels are the same. It takes 20 minutes for a squirrel on the WMA to get the balls to start moving around. But it wouldn't be hunting if you didn't have to "hunt" them.

:thumb:

... sitting on your deck watching a sure enough trophy 10 pointer and a very nice 8 and 8 other deer for about an hour and a half, until you can't stand it anymore so you drive to your hunting property so you can see nothing. THAT's what's awesome! :frusty:

Tommorrow is the last day for many of us. Good luck all. I've about had it and am glad it's over. At this point, a lone mature doe will get it if one cooperates....
And they are out there again right now. That's it. I'm going to my hunting property tomorrow to see nothing. I'm going to show them!

... sitting on your deck watching a sure enough trophy 10 pointer and a very nice 8 and 8 other deer for about an hour and a half, until you can't stand it anymore so you drive to your hunting property so you can see nothing. THAT's what's awesome! :frusty:

Tommorrow is the last day for many of us. Good luck all. I've about had it and am glad it's over. At this point, a lone mature doe will get it if one cooperates....
is there a reason that you will not bow hunt your property?

Back
Top Bottom