• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know who you are!

Kman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Trying to escape from Atlanta!!
279   0
Reaction score
We have some great older members and lots of fine people on the ODT. Lately I’ll be late jumping on a deal and find out through a pm that the item or items have been spoken for by more than one member, so I’m out of luck. Then I get messaged all of them were flakes who ghosted before officially committing through pm. I’ll take it, I’ll come tomorrow blah blah blah. Us normal people use our word as our bond. These lesser members need to go jump off a building and stop polluting the decent ODT community. If you can’t afford it, if you can’t make the drive, if your just a dreamer, please don’t harass our good members with your empty commitments! I’m shocked to find that dealing with me is a relief, solely based on staying true to my word. That should be the norm, but that’s not what I’m being told. Shame on you and maybe one day you’ll know what being a real man is about.

The last several things I’ve bought on here, the story has been the same. Why go through the motions and commit, then ghost. Makes no sense to me and the other members don’t need the bs. Talk up a good game and then disappear. No one needs that crap!! Some people have zero respect for others time and property.

The last several things I’ve bought on here, the story has been the same. Why go through the motions and commit, then ghost. Makes no sense to me and the other members don’t need the bs. Talk up a good game and then disappear. No one needs that crap!! Some people have zero respect for others time and property.
Folks can deal however they want but if they don’t respond with a PM I don’t consider it an offer. I have marked many things as sold prior to meets and never been let down even on one member who was on their first deal. Flaky people give off a certain vibe. Mark them and avoid them. There are some great people on the ODT.

I’ll just keep my shut.. but OP your correct .. maybe older folks should just deal with established members..

Don't really think age has anything to do with it . I guess at 28 I'd be considered part of the young bunch .
But if i tell you I'll take it .. that means I'll take it .
If we agree to a time ... I'll be there .( Probably 10-15 min early)
If I agree to sell you sale/trade you something...it's yours . (Regardless if someone else offers me twice as much 5 min later.)

Their might come a day where I have nothing but my word . I try my best to make it worth something .

Don't really think age has anything to do with it . I guess at 28 I'd be considered part of the young bunch .
But if i tell you I'll take it .. that means I'll take it .
If we agree to a time ... I'll be there .( Probably 10-15 min early)
If I agree to sell you sale/trade you something...it's yours . (Regardless if someone else offers me twice as much 5 min later.)

Their might come a day where I have nothing but my word . I try my best to make it worth something .

And that’s what being a real man is about!! Not many left out there, especially at your age.

hey they can do whatever they want its in the rools. They can charge whatever they want its in the rools.They can be an ass its in the rools.

Back
Top Bottom