• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

YOU MAD BRO??

I don't know a lot about the rules of the game, but it seemed to me like the intended receiver was hit from behind just before the ball arrived. Maybe my old eyes deceived me on the hit but wouldn't that be defensive pass interference or did the refs. rule that the ball would not have been "catchable" by the intended receiver anyway?

Obviously I am missing something or there would be more discussion on this.

No they both made a play on the ball however, Butler had more momentum thus allowing him to get to the ball first. He did not hold, shove, or hit the receiver in a way to cause an interference call. It was just a good move by an aggressive defensive back.

No they both made a play on the ball however, Butler had more momentum thus allowing him to get to the ball first. He did not hold, shove, or hit the receiver in a way to cause an interference call. It was just a good move by an aggressive defensive back.

Thanks, time to visit my optometrist again I guess :mmph:

Thanks, time to visit my optometrist again I guess :mmph:
No, you're right. Butler knocked the hell out of him, but he was legitimately going for the ball, not specifically trying to prevent the intended reciever from catching it. That's perfectly legal and it was a great play.

Back
Top Bottom