• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You never know when that old rifle will show up again

Out of all the guns stolen and recovered by the cops, how many people really get them back, 2% maybe.

TV shows, and some of the postings here, make one think that checking out gun ownership is just a matter or ATF punching some buttons.

I had a gun stolen, AND I NEEDED TO LOCATE THe 4473. The LGS had lost its license, and had shipped the 4473 back to ATF per the law (even though the business continued). We had all the information about the sale, (brand, model, date of sale) and all we needed was the serial number. We (the local PD) could never get ATF to complete the search. I'm not sure they knew where the records were.

Point is, it just ain't that easy all the time.

They are. The ffl keeps them for 20 years per law. If the FFL goes out of business they are required to turn the files over to the atf. So there's a 20 year paper trail on every gun. It may be an incomplete trail if theres been a private sale or gifting involved.

But no, the federal gov. can't type my name in a big scary computer and get a list of every gun I own like on an episode of Criminal Minds.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Really. And who told you this?

Yea, well I'm glad you think you know the limits of federal government abilities because you used to work in a gun shop.

Live well and prosper.
So your assertion is that every night after we closed up government agents bypassed the alarm, broke into the building, put on their stealth suits to not be captured on security cameras, copied my handwritten records, put everything back as it was, and left?

Live well and prosper back at you in your bunker.

And i have no idea why my phone put that pic in, must be a glitch in the NSA spyware.

Attachments

• 20170328_144033.jpg
    20170328_144033.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 21
TV shows, and some of the postings here, make one think that checking out gun ownership is just a matter or ATF punching some buttons.

I had a gun stolen, AND I NEEDED TO LOCATE THe 4473. The LGS had lost its license, and had shipped the 4473 back to ATF per the law (even though the business continued). We had all the information about the sale, (brand, model, date of sale) and all we needed was the serial number. We (the local PD) could never get ATF to complete the search. I'm not sure they knew where the records were.

It's because the records were boxed up and sent to that same warehouse where the Ark of the Covenant is kept...

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

So your assertion is that every night after we closed up government agents bypassed the alarm, broke into the building, put on their stealth suits to not be captured on security cameras, copied my handwritten records, put everything back as it was, and left?

Live well and prosper back at you in your bunker.

And i have no idea why my phone put that pic in, must be a glitch in the NSA spyware.

Good thing it's a pic of the top of a ladder and not something else!

The atf can't by law have a searchable database, so once that's the only place to look, yeh, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom