• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You think you have bad hunting neighbors?

Once you start, it's never enough. It's like any collection, it's always "almost finished". I am going to try and get the 10 acres to my SE and would love to snag the 400acres of forest behind me.
I know. Any 'elbow room' you buy will then be right next to something you do NOT own. As much as I hate roads, it would probably serve me well to buy something that's bordered on at least two sides by a road.

Man I hate that for you. I bought my own place several years ago because I got tired of the drama at the ol' hunt club. The best part of having your own place is being able to make your own rules. Unfortunately as you know you don't always get to choose your neighbors. Obviously some are better than others and hopefully yours will disappear soon. Congrats on the buck and keep us posted with any updates.

I would install trail cameras somewhere to see if they go on your property... At least they are RENTERS and not the owners. Good Luck

I would install trail cameras somewhere to see if they go on your property... At least they are RENTERS and not the owners. Good Luck

This is a good idea, but it would need to be the wireless ones that send you a pic instantly via email so that IF the camera disappears you will know immediately who and when they took it. Also, you can see any deer at the time they come across it as well.

glad you are ok, sucks dealing with idiots

next time you have to speak with these dildos, have a camera or voice recorder if you can

or better idea, dont talk to them at all.

How about an ODT meet and greet at GeauxLSU's place. We can all meet these wonderful neighbors. Bring plenty of weapons, especially full auto's. They will get a kick out of them.

Man this gets my blood boiling! People can be complete idjets!

I completely know your frustration on this matter. I've leased multiple tracts of land over the years and have NEVER had a problem. Finally found something within an hour and a half from the house with decent deer and the problems start.

First day EVER on the property a local stops at our gate to chat. Opens his mouth and asks where we are from. I tell him and he asks if there aren't any deer there? Red flag to say the least. And as he pulls away he yells out "and don't shoot my dogs."

First year everything went great. Good bucks seen and taken and no problems. Second year, 3 trail cams go missing along with 2 feeders and a blind. Beer cans under my stands and all my posted signs torn down or shot with a SG.

Opening morning as I'm walking to my stand, I start noticing corn scattered down the narrow logging road. A few kernels here and there then bags dumped out. I quickly and quietly back out and contact the GW. Great guy and shows up in 15 minutes. Gave him the rundown. He walked in by himself and walked out with 2 new buddies. He took care of business and I was so very grateful. Though it ruined my hunt, it was worth it to see them drug out of there. Now I've met the POS and can ID them in future run ins.

And JUST THIS MORNING, I take my daughter on her FIRST deer hunt. Get to the property early and head to the stand. Get 100 yards or so away and see a light high tailing it through the woods. Pissed off I let loose some not so nice words of encouragement. It was headed to the nearest trailer strip. Day light we are listening to a rock concert and yelling. 10 am brings rapid fire and more screaming. At that point we take it to the house. The good Lord knew what he was doing and urged me to bring my girl with me. I am honestly scared to think about what would have happened if I was by myself. I was seeing red.

Don't back down, which from the sound of it you are a very level headed and responsible individual that is going to keep what is their's. Keep it up. **** heads will be **** heads. Stay safe brother.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom