• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You wake up tomorrow and it’s June 8, 1983. You have 24 hours before you return to June 9, 2023. What do you do in your 24 hours?

I left NATTC (AC School) in May 83 and had just arrived at NAS Cubi Point, Philippines so I’d do what I did back then…..drink a bunch of San Miguel then go on a poon tang hunt safari.
I ended up spending time in Cubi Point in 88 and 89. I got to know San Miguel very well. When our ship pulled into Subic we would fly off and stay in the barracks at Cubi Pt. It was luxury compared to the ship. Those were some great times and I couldn't control myself when it came to the girls there.

If I could have I'd :

Buy a bunch of M16s for, what, less than $600?
Buy / Invest in Rhodium ($300/oz...in 2008 it was over $8000/oz), as well as Apple and MS.
I'd still have gone through Army Basic Training at Ft. Jackson in the heat of summer, but may have played my education different. Certainly gone USAF ROTC vs Army ROTC. Maybe gone to a service academy.
Not spent as much on my car, or cheap beer and cookies (the signs of a true college student).
Gone ahead an beat the ever loving crap out of my older brother when I had him pinned and shaken.
Patented the "corn puppy" that I invented that summer.

Bought any piece of property on the California coast, and lots more in Florida.

Go meet my future (now current) wife, but she'd have been under age, so that sounds kinda weird.
Definitely left a note and or spoken to my younger self to avoid my first wife!

And probably gone ahead and bought that used half ragged out 426 Hemi Cuda in Plum Crazy for $3000 if I had the cash. Damn, that one still shakes me. A friggin' original, numbers matching Hemi Cuda! I'd have to have found somewhere to store it, but DAMN! a Hemi Cuda for $3K???

How the heck could I do it in less than a Day? Don't know, but I'd like to try!

Fire up the Flux Capacitor in the Delorean!

Back
Top Bottom