• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You wake up tomorrow and it’s June 8, 1983. You have 24 hours before you return to June 9, 2023. What do you do in your 24 hours?

like most have said... invest. Of course i didn't have a pot to piss in. Was 16. Blowed all my money I made on my tomato, fig selling and little job after school on starting a gun collection. Was at 4.
Realistically, I'd learn (and write down) a few more things from my grandmothers wealth of knowledge and hit up several of the WW2 vets I later met in life for some of their knowledge.

I was 15 working at my first job so I’d go to work because I was probably pretty new and trying hard to be a good employee. I didn’t have much money because I was helping my mom pay bills after her divorce so I doubt she’d invest any of it in Apple or Microsoft for me…she’d just pay off creditors.

On a lighter note, I fondly remember it was a time when women were women and not all tatted up, pierced and clean shaven, so I’d pull out my hidden copy of Swank magazine and jerk it furiously to Ginger Lynn, Christie Canyon, Vanessa Del Rio, Traci Lords and Hyapatia Lee in all their hirsute glory. I miss my old “girlfriends”…and my ability to satisfy all of them daily 😂

^ that’s a damn good answer!

Bing I was born in 86 not a lot of anything. I would definitely invest in Apple Microsoft and any other tech company I could get my hands on. If I had enough money, I would go by real estate as well. Land in Woodstock in Canton would be cheap then and worth a fortune now.
I'd have gone more local. I'd have begged, borrowed or stole enough to buy as much Home Depot stock as I could.

Knowing what I know now , but having what my family had then .

I was just over 12 years old & likely playing pick-up Baseball with a tennis ball in NW ATL & later that year ,started learning to skateboard while on 3 month house arrest for trespassing on CSX RR Tracks & almost killed (In a "Stand By Me " movie style on the RR Trestle Crossing the Chattahoochee along Atlanta Rd .). Sorry TMI & off Subject .

I'd now try to save my $ , buy Basketball Cards instead of Baseball Cards , Get a Good Metal Detector & roam the local woods 'LOADED" with Civil War Relics & Undeveloped back then . Begg My Step Dad to be more faithful to my Mom (RIP) ; save his money & invest in Company's mentioned here.

Last but certainly not least , I'd Make myself KNOW ! the Worry & Anxiety I let control my life up to age 35 & still a-lot to this day . Was a HUGE WASTE OF TIME & WOULD HOLD ME BACK IN MY FUTURE LIFE . !

Back
Top Bottom