• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You want to BUY my gun but....

ODT price on used guns is 25% over he same gun new at a gun dealer. I am not a felon, so buying from a dealer works for me. And my dealer is 3 miles from my house. I can pay with credit card on anew gun, unpossible on an ODT sail.

And folks scream Lowball! when offers are made.

I am okay with meeting halfway, but what gets me are the folks who refuse to leave 10 min from there house to make me drive an hour...

I don't necessarily factor it into the price, but I do factor it into the underlying decision to buy the gun.

If you are too busy to drive past the end of your driveway, I'm too busy to drive to you. I don't know if people are really that cloistered or just don't care whether they make a sale or not.

I'm not sure if a lot of sellers have the smart to figure out that if they don't meet me halfway, it QUADRUPLES my driving distance and time.

It amazes me how many sellers on ODT live in some small town on the edges of Georgia, and swear they never leave the city limits.

you don’t want to give my price because you have to use your gas on coming to get it? I don’t get how that drops the value of my weapon. The gas wasn’t included in the asking price :censored: EX: price set at 600 gets me “550 if you meet halfway, 600 if you come to me” someone explain to me how this works...
you don’t want to give my price because you have to use your gas on coming to get it? I don’t get how that drops the value of my weapon. The gas wasn’t included in the asking price :censored: EX: price set at 600 gets me “550 if you meet halfway, 600 if you come to me” someone explain to me how this works...
It's Sunday and that warrants an amen

I don't necessarily factor it into the price, but I do factor it into the underlying decision to buy the gun.

If you are too busy to drive past the end of your driveway, I'm too busy to drive to you. I don't know if people are really that cloistered or just don't care whether they make a sale or not.

I'm not sure if a lot of sellers have the smart to figure out that if they don't meet me halfway, it QUADRUPLES my driving distance and time.

It amazes me how many sellers on ODT live in some small town on the edges of Georgia, and swear they never leave the city limits.
Buyers drive.

Traders meet in the middle.

Buyers drive.

Traders meet in the middle.
Not always.

I have done a deal where the seller (Savanna, Ga) and the buyer (Atlanta, Ga..myself) came together in the middle at 1.75 hours for each of us. He had a unique gun for a good price but it never sold. He sold it, I bought it, and the ODT economy was stimulated.

If everyone had that mentality (buyers drive traders meet) this place would be a lot more boring and less active.

Back
Top Bottom