• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Young Man Afraid Of His Horses

Sharps40

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
From Wikipedia...

Young-Man-Afraid-Of-His-Horses [Tȟašúŋke Kȟokípȟapi] (1836 – July 13, 1893), also translated as His-Horses-Are-Afraid and They-Fear-Even-His-Horses, was a chief of the Oglala Sioux. Commonly misinterpreted, his name means They fear his horse or His horse is feared, meaning that the bearer of the name was so feared in battle that even the sight of his horse would inspire fear. He is known for his participation in Red Cloud's War, as a negotiator for the Sioux Nation after the Wounded Knee Massacre, and for serving on delegations to Washington, D.C.

i.imgur.com_mpb62Ua.jpg

i.imgur.com_YIyNdOj.jpg

Well, that's it. Got nothing else to show. Guess we'll all hav'ta wait. Goin Huntin....see ya!

Cool bit of history Sharps, haven't seen much of your posts in a while. I have been sorta absent. Working on anything at the moment?
I need to go digging through some of your threads, see what you been doing with your bad self the last couple months. Always enjoyable.

Cool bit of history Sharps, haven't seen much of your posts in a while. I have been sorta absent. Working on anything at the moment?
I need to go digging through some of your threads, see what you been doing with your bad self the last couple months. Always enjoyable.
I think this is the setup for what he is working on.... he is a puzzle master.

From Wikipedia...

Young-Man-Afraid-Of-His-Horses [Tȟašúŋke Kȟokípȟapi] (1836 – July 13, 1893), also translated as His-Horses-Are-Afraid and They-Fear-Even-His-Horses, was a chief of the Oglala Sioux. Commonly misinterpreted, his name means They fear his horse or His horse is feared, meaning that the bearer of the name was so feared in battle that even the sight of his horse would inspire fear. He is known for his participation in Red Cloud's War, as a negotiator for the Sioux Nation after the Wounded Knee Massacre, and for serving on delegations to Washington, D.C.

i.imgur.com_mpb62Ua.jpg

i.imgur.com_YIyNdOj.jpg

Well, that's it. Got nothing else to show. Guess we'll all hav'ta wait. Goin Huntin....see ya!
Cool post, wonder what's coming? My great grandmother was Lakota Sioux.

Back
Top Bottom