• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Young Man Afraid Of His Horses

Broke the threaded spud off the horse sight. 8x32 was too fine. Redrilled to a #12 pilot hole and will solder the back up horse sight onto the ramp....well, that's the plan.

Meantime....

A threaded hole was placed behind the trigger plunger hole. A 6x48 run in tight, staked and the head cut off flush. Spring is now secure against coming out the back. Also made up a new larger diameter trigger plunger to eliminate some of the wobble the factory part has. Put it all in and it works lickety split spanky right.

i.imgur.com_HxtbVMD.jpg

Every part needs fitting to work and look best, doesn't matter if its a Ruger Factory part or the Story ERH below. Fortunatly, its large and easy enough to mate to the EHR loop on the frame. A few minutes draw filing to keep the top line straight and then some boot strap with 120 paper to smooth it up. Left it a whisker large for now. It'll polish into place later.

i.imgur.com_MVRkQRk.jpg

The Story EHR is a touch too long. Its face should fall at or behind the line of the radius edge of the muzzle.

i.imgur.com_UGKPD3j.jpg

Simply plugged in my hand powered piloted muzzle squaring and crowning tools to shorten it the right amount and crowned it 11 degrees for a nice look. I also broke the outer edge of the EHR with a hand file to eliminate the razor edge that scrapes up hands and the inside of holsters. (Not an ugly half ass melt, just a broken edge by a kiss of a fine swiss pattern file)

i.imgur.com_LkkfezK.jpg

Anything by The Butthole Surfers, Dead Kennedys, Psychedelic Furs, Morrissey, Art Of Noise, Ramones, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Adam Ant, INXS, Social Distortion, Depeche Mode, The Dead Milkmen, Sonic Youth, New Order, R.E.M. (A Georgia Band), Violent Femmes, The Replacements, The Cure, The Smiths, etc.

Or....

If I need something to watch while working slowly and carefully at a part, typically polishing, I watch that ever riotous Cult Classic, "The Party Animal" (a sad story bout a feller fell off a turnip truck and after many failed attempts to get laid, became cursed as Midas wherein everything he touched "turns to poontang!"

Anything by The Butthole Surfers, Dead Kennedys, Psychedelic Furs, Morrissey, Art Of Noise, Ramones, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Adam Ant, INXS, Social Distortion, Depeche Mode, The Dead Milkmen, Sonic Youth, New Order, R.E.M. (A Georgia Band), Violent Femmes, The Replacements, The Cure, The Smiths, etc.

Or....

If I need something to watch while working slowly and carefully at a part, typically polishing, I watch that ever riotous Cult Classic, "The Party Animal" (a sad story bout a feller fell off a turnip truck and after many failed attempts to get laid, became cursed as Midas wherein everything he touched "turns to poontang!"

Excellent! I knew I could count on some good old punk getting air time!

Back
Top Bottom