• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your 11yr old daughter is attacked in a public restroom what do you do?

Yeah guys !
Everyone SHOULD " CYA " whilst the covering is good.

May want to 'cover some more' while getting denials in, by documenting and dating 'said denial' !

73% recidivism rate. First time conviction should mean life in prison without parole or the death penalty. It simply makes no sense to take a 3 in 4 chance that another child will be victimized.

Like someone else said, if my daughter comes out of the bathroom screaming someone grabbed her I'm headed in that bathroom and somebody is getting a beat down. Maybe the offender is a UFC fighter and I catch the ass kicking but I'll go down swinging. Being a new dad it's scary to think of all the things I have to worry about in the world. I just pray that I'm never put in a situation like this.

The proper response in today's snowflake world would be to retreat to your safe space and ponder if the man was simply using the restroom associated with his gender identity.
Real world respose somewhat different!

I know I wouldn't find someone guilty for shooting the POC if I was on a jury. I have a very bad temper and do not know if I would be able to control it. I think the father in this story acted in a prudent manner. He will not have to worry about going to court and ruining his finances to defend himself if he had done what most of us would not blame him for doing.

73% recidivism rate...
Really? Do you have a source for that statistic?
It sounds way too high.
I've heard it's 14% recdivisim rate if you count only subsequent sex offenses, and 36% if you count any new crime of any type, both looking at a time period of only several years though, NOT the rest of their lives.

Really? Do you have a source for that statistic?
It sounds way too high.
I've heard it's 14% recdivisim rate if you count only subsequent sex offenses, and 36% if you count any new crime of any type, both looking at a time period of only several years though, NOT the rest of their lives.
That's a statistic I heard many years ago and I can't remember where from, but I do know I felt it was a legitimate source at the time and it was for their whole life after first conviction.

This study does not show numbers as high, but it does not take into account whole life and it does show the percentage goes up the longer the study takes into account.

https://smart.gov/SOMAPI/sec1/ch5_recidivism.html

Good find. The Harris and Hanson study, published in 2004, shows about a 25% recidivism rate (for a new sex offense) for the 15 year period following the average sex offender's conviction.

They predict only a slight increase to 27% if they had studied these people for 20 years instead of 15.

When this study focused specifically on first time Sex Offenders, they found that the 15 year recidivism rate for a new sex crime was 19%.
That rate doubled if you look only at two-time convicted sex offender's who are monitored for the next 15 years to see if they would commit a third Sex Offense.

Most people who will reoffend will do so within five years.

I don't know if anybody has ever done a "lifetime "study on recidivism because people who commit their crimes in their late teens or early 20s may have to be monitored for the next 70 years until they die of natural causes as old men in their 90s. If such a study were completed today it would have to have involved looking at the criminal records of men who were born in the 1920s and 1930s who committed the crimes in the 1940s and 50s.

Back
Top Bottom