• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your buddy's weird gun obsessions?

Sophomoric rollmarks, spiders resembling "dueling penai" and rumors of past questionable marketing practices aside, Spikes makes a pretty dang good rifle. Just sayin'.
I have a Black Rain BRO SBR. Dumbest roll marks ever. Dumb "Let it rain" dust cover (that I just replaced with a plain one). But it doesn't matter, the build quality is awesome and it has a hell of a spec sheet. You can paint it pink and put rainbows on it and it would still be a bad ass rifle.

I have a Black Rain BRO SBR. Dumbest roll marks ever. Dumb "Let it rain" dust cover (that I just replaced with a plain one). But it doesn't matter, the build quality is awesome and it has a hell of a spec sheet. You can paint it pink and put rainbows on it and it would still be a bad ass rifle.
I agree with you on the dumbass wannabe fake action movie hero names these days. WTF is Black Rain anyway? Or Warsport? And what's a damn Hellbreaker for that matter?!
All that being said I will admit right now that if any company offers a Motorhead rollmarked lower I'll be the first in line.

I agree with you on the dumbass wannabe fake action movie hero names these days. WTF is Black Rain anyway? Or Warsport? And what's a damn Hellbreaker for that matter?!
All that being said I will admit right now that if any company offers a Motorhead rollmarked lower I'll be the first in line.
Hypocrite! :becky::boink:

Friend 2: He will use 100% of all ammo he buys. He will never set any aside for later or have a loaded gun in the house. He lives in Grizzly country out west, so every hiking trip warrants a stop to his LGS for a box. The last thing he does on said hiking trip? Run through the box he just bought. Odd.
So he lives in grizzly country and doesn't have a single round of ammo in the house? :confused:
Forget grizzly country, how does a gun owner not have a single round of ammo in the house? :suspicious:

I have this weird thing where I HAVE to make my firearms unique. Idk what my deal is but its not just slapping accessories on and calling it a day. Milling slides, refinishing stocks, engraving images on the receiver, porting shotgun barrels when I know it won't really do much for performance and other stuff. About the only firearms I've left completely alone are my m1 garand and my grandpas old A5 Brownings. I just don't like having firearms that are the exact same as thousands of others. I'm the weird friend lol.

Lots of folks my age and older believe the revolver myth. Some even think that way about guys carrying. And I have to agree that I don't get the whole Spikes fixation. Some of their lowers like the "Hellbreaker" are just plain out of the closet flaming gay.
My feelings could be hurt, and I retreat to my "safe space".
But like my ubergay Spike's receiver
image.jpg
, "don't give a s***".
Regarding ammo, min. 1000rd per caliber works for me.

Back
Top Bottom