• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your buddy's weird gun obsessions?

So he lives in grizzly country and doesn't have a single round of ammo in the house? :confused:
Forget grizzly country, how does a gun owner not have a single round of ammo in the house? :suspicious:
I usually find at least one or two live rounds "tinking" in the dryer when I put my clothes in. Just looked for a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom cabinet and low and behold found 4 Winchester 22's.

It bothers me if I don't shoot a new gun same day I get it. ( my range is off back porch)

Then I must tear the gun down to every tiny pin and spring, throughly and I mean OCD to Nth degree meticulously clean it and put it all back together. I don't think anyone has ever gotten a dirty gun from me, if you have speak up, cause I don't remember it.

And also my guns typically get some kind of purple accent, purple is my jam. Just ordered the new apex Glock trigger in purple before coming to this thread.

Also any gun I plan on keeping permanently gets engraved by me. And yes I do have permanent guns that will never be sold or traded, contrary to what people might say...lol

I remove the muzzle brakes off almost everything I get. Something about shooting suppressed causes this. The other thing is that we will not keep any hunting gun with ammo that could be interchanged with something else. 270 in 30-06, 30-30 in 35 Rem, 243 in 308, etc. I like to take them apart within reason so I know how they work if they ever break.

It bothers me if I don't shoot a new gun same day I get it. ( my range is off back porch)

Then I must tear the gun down to every tiny pin and spring, throughly and I mean OCD to Nth degree meticulously clean it and put it all back together. I don't think anyone has ever gotten a dirty gun from me, if you have speak up, cause I don't remember it.

And also my guns typically get some kind of purple accent, purple is my jam. Just ordered the new apex Glock trigger in purple before coming to this thread.

Also any gun I plan on keeping permanently gets engraved by me. And yes I do have permanent guns that will never be sold or traded, contrary to what people might say...lol

Your purple guns need some purple lube...

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XALG08143

Or you could use Royal Purple...

<--- have not used either and cannot personally promote their use

Oh, and a /friend/ of mine takes the ammo from CMP - you know, the de-linked mg ammo they sell in an ammo can - and sorts it by year on the headstamp before loading into an enbloc...just sayin'...

In your underwear with a war movie in the background right?

Back
Top Bottom