• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your buddy's weird gun obsessions?

So he lives in grizzly country and doesn't have a single round of ammo in the house? :confused:
Forget grizzly country, how does a gun owner not have a single round of ammo in the house? :suspicious:
My thoughts exactly. I would have a loaded 45-70 implanted into my arm. No freaking way am I gonna take a casual stroll through the woods without a howitzer on me or in my house when I am there.

I have a friend who will only buy Springfield handguns. 'I'm a Springfield man" is his comment when I try to show him something else. He doesn't even want to shoot or try anything else. How does he know it is his favorite if he won't even try others? I like Springfield fine, but I also like Cocoa Pebbles and sometimes I want some Capt Crunch.

Your purple guns need some purple lube...

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XALG08143

Or you could use Royal Purple...

<--- have not used either and cannot personally promote their use
Ironically now that you mention it the they do get purple Lube. For years I have used a bottle of Royal purple dope fluid for rear ends, it's like some really high weight like 120-50W or something and I have it in a clear cattle syringe and it is purple....lol

My thoughts exactly. I would have a loaded 45-70 implanted into my arm. No freaking way am I gonna take a casual stroll through the woods without a howitzer on me or in my house when I am there.
My buddy grew up in Alaska on the outer banks where the big boys are and he said he never really thought much about them cause he grew up around them, and usually if you yell at them to do their chores they run off. He did however say that over the years he did see a good many get shot by people as the bear would charge and that anything under 44 Magnum the bear is gonna laugh off, and the best bear defense is to have a much bigger grizz on a leash to walk with you lol

I had a gun buddy who was fascinated with getting handgun bullets that would form the perfect mushroom in ballistic media (back then that was duxseal putty, not gelatin).
The thing that made this weird is that he'd consider that the ONLY criteria for a defensive handgun round.
Mushrooms to 40% greater diameter than the original caliber? GREAT! He'll take it! He'll carry it, happily and with confidence.

(But it's a .32 acp? A 65 grain bullet? No matter. As long as it expands.)
(But it's a .380 that only penetrates half as much as a .38 or 9mm? Who cares? Good expansion = bang, flop. Instant incapacitation, if you've got shrooms.)

Hey buddy, I'm packing my 1911 today with 230 gr. hardball. What do you think of that?
"Oh, I'd NEVER carry FMJ for defense! It doesn't expand."
Hey buddy, what are you carrying today?
"PPK/S in .380 with some ThunderZap rounds. They expand great!"

Here is one I do that I know people cringe over.

I sell dirty guns.

See I have a rough round count before I break any modern firearm down and clean it. somewhere between 500-750 for pistols and 1000-1500 for rifles if I get tired before that threshold and sell it it get sold dirty. I shoot more then 95% of people so it doesnt take that long to reach these numbers but for most there pistol will never see 500 rounds and there rifle will never see 1000. So I let people know that the gun they are getting is dirty because its been shot and it functions and will continue to function even if there OCD ass can keep away from cleaning it.

All of my milsurp get cleaned after each shooting I guess I respect them more.

Here is one I do that I know people cringe over.

I sell dirty guns.

See I have a rough round count before I break any modern firearm down and clean it. somewhere between 500-750 for pistols and 1000-1500 for rifles if I get tired before that threshold and sell it it get sold dirty. I shoot more then 95% of people so it doesnt take that long to reach these numbers but for most there pistol will never see 500 rounds and there rifle will never see 1000. So I let people know that the gun they are getting is dirty because its been shot and it functions and will continue to function even if there OCD ass can keep away from cleaning it.

All of my milsurp get cleaned after each shooting I guess I respect them more.
i.imgur.com_o3xrXqB.gif_4dd6ab17b651c0a9142c107f41989cc8.gif

Any of you guys have friends with weird gun habits or obsessions?

My friend's dad: refuses to believe woman should CC anything other than a revolver. "Its simple, they won't get confused" is his motto.
Friend 1: Everything Spikes Tactical. Everything.
Friend 2: He will use 100% of all ammo he buys. He will never set any aside for later or have a loaded gun in the house. He lives in Grizzly country out west, so every hiking trip warrants a stop to his LGS for a box. The last thing he does on said hiking trip? Run through the box he just bought. Odd.
Dad is ok in my book.
Friend 1 is just meh.
But friend 2 is a retard.

images_memes_com_meme_372112_.png

Back
Top Bottom