• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your favorite crossbow target?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
I have one of those stacked foam targets that finally won’t stop my crossbow bolts.
I think the foam has deteriorated due to age and being out in the weather.

I had to buy a new one because it was ruining every fletching on my bolts because they were disappearing and sticking out the other side.

I stepped up got the smaller 16” “The block” target.

So far I’ve shot at it at 20,30 and 40 yards with a 350 FPS crossbow.
It was able to stop my bolts at 20 yards with roughly 6-8” of bolt still sticking out.

I’m using 18” Excalibur Diablo bolts with bullet point 100grain field tips.
Seems like it’s doing it’s job for me so far.

This is the one I got.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...MIj_O-g5fo3QIVkY-zCh3mhgT0EAQYByABEgJov_D_BwE

I like the bag style targets that are just stuffed with rags, etc.
They stop the highest powered arrows before they get deep and removal is so much easier than foam. I recently made a new one instead of buying because I had so many old articles of clothing and towels after downsizing and clutter-clearing from selling our house.
I’ve used the Spyderweb target once before when shooting with someone and it was amazing. Worked fantastic and arrows pulled out so easy. Planned on getting one until I went home and saw the price. Decided to stick with a bag of rags...

I like the bag style targets that are just stuffed with rags, etc.
They stop the highest powered arrows before they get deep and removal is so much easier than foam. I recently made a new one instead of buying because I had so many old articles of clothing and towels after downsizing and clutter-clearing from selling our house.
I’ve used the Spyderweb target once before when shooting with someone and it was amazing. Worked fantastic and arrows pulled out so easy. Planned on getting one until I went home and saw the price. Decided to stick with a bag of rags...

Makes sense.
I’ve never used the bag style targets because I figured they would be too flimsy to firmly trap an arrow exactly where it hits and keep it rigid for accurate follow up shot placement and comparison because I’ve always used block style targets.

Makes sense.
I’ve never used the bag style targets because I figured they would be too flimsy to firmly trap an arrow exactly where it hits and keep it rigid for accurate follow up shot placement and comparison because I’ve always used block style targets.
You are right about it not keeping the arrow in a perfectly perpendicular position to where it entered. They will hit and then shift a little and tilt to one side slightly depending on the density and position of stuffing where it hits. Never bothered me as I can still see exactly where it impacts and I’ve never had one allow an arrow to pass through or damage my fletching.

Morrell Double Duty 450FPS Field Point Bag Archery Target - for Crossbows, Compounds, Traditional Bows and Airbows. Two fingers.to pull arrow/bolt out.

I used my block yesterday with my excalibur.
Was loving those silver dollar sized target dots painted on the one side.
It keeps from splitting expensive bolts in the same hole which excalibur’s are known for.

Your favorite crossbow target?
Hillary-Clinton-shooting-target.jpg

Back
Top Bottom