• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your favorite trail cam

I've got a
Wildgame innovations crush cloak-7 that has been doing great with video day and night.
It has a mild red glow to the I/R at night but it don't spook the deer all that much.
The shutter speed sucks and I missed several pics so I just keep it on 15 sec videos.
It's great for that.
I had an identical one that worked for three days then died on me..... Would never power back on so I returned it.

I just picked up a browning model.
So far no videos to see but I like the nice backlighting on the display in green and I hope I have good results with it.

I would probably get a handful more of the wildgame innovations cams but I'm kinda gun shy since one crapped out on me so soon.

Thinking I will pick up a couple of trail cams. Have a gift card at Cabellas with a few hundred on it. What trail cameras are your personal favorite? Looking for a camera with a clear picture, even at night.
You're not going to get clear night pictures, especially if the animal is in motion, without a regular white flash and even then it'll be tough. Most use red LEDs and some use 'black' LEDs. Each one gives you slower trigger speed/longer exposure but less visibility to the animals (or 2 legged vermin) which will result in blurred motion images.
I always keep mine on video so no issue for me but since you mention Cabelas, this is the last one I bought a couple months ago. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunt..._SEQ_103867380?WTz_st=GuidedNav&WTz_stype=GNU
So far it's outperforming the others I have/had.

I love Stealth Cam.. we run 7 pretty much year around. Tried CuddyBack, Wildgame Innovations, Bushnell, and Moultrie and the Stealth cam has been the best performing and longer lasting of any. And you can get them for under $100 and they have 1 year battery life

Back
Top Bottom