• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Grandfathers Pocket Knife

bigzach43

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
3   0
Reaction score
Suggestions on a classic USA made folder knife that your grandfather would have carried around when he was a young man?

Classic heirlooms that have been handed down by generations.

Let’s see some pictures

2ABC28E9-2EE6-4B37-BE3F-36BB9D79E062.jpeg
A77C8978-B2E6-4983-8A70-BB9F8B655377.jpeg

The knife he carried and the stone that kept it sharp

My Dad had someone make scales for a case stockman out of whitetail antler, and gave it to his grandfather. My Dad carried it for years but put it up since the blades had so much hone wear and the shield was lost. Looks unique since it has the off-white color of whitetail stag vs the burnt India stag that knife makers normally use.

I would love to have an old knife or razor that has been passed down through the family.

Gramps carried both an Ulster boy scout knife and an imperial fixed blade. I have both. The imperial is a 4" blade carbon steel with a silver bolster. It has a 1/8" thin blade and I sharp as a scalpel.

Big blade is stamped USA but other than that can't tell anything about it. Was my grandfather's. He served in an artillery unit in WWI. Died when I was 2 so I never knew him.

IMG_3402.JPG

Unfortunately I never knew either of my grandfather's but I got a Camillus pilot survival knife my dad owned which I still have and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom