• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your kids or grandkids and reloading

Great to here and see other people and there children or grandchildren spending time together. its a fun hobby and i cant wait for my little girl to get just a little bit older so i can start teaching her to shoot. she already shoots squirrells with the pellet gun in the yard (with my help of course). :laser:

i edited the title to include grandkids for all of our older reloaders here.

Maybe the OP pics are simply poses, and I might catch some flak here, but can we get her some safety glasses if she is in the room while reloading? Other than that, love to see it being passed on.

having the powder down against the bullet lets the primer ignite more cleanly and increases velocity without increasing the pressure within the case. You should try loading them upside down sometime. I find it will also tighten up the groups about 10percent over the primer down loading method.

Maybe the OP pics are simply poses, and I might catch some flak here, but can we get her some safety glasses if she is in the room while reloading? Other than that, love to see it being passed on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368720214.625370.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. We had a post, I believe yesterday, about a primer going off accidentally and someone posted a pix of someone who had a tray of primers go off spontaneously after the first one started a chain reaction. Not worth risking young eyes. Get them some safety glasses and enjoy the family fun.

I was thinking the same thing. We had a post, I believe yesterday, about a primer going off accidentally and someone posted a pix of someone who had a tray of primers go off spontaneously after the first one started a chain reaction. Not worth risking young eyes. Get them some safety glasses and enjoy the family fun.

Please troll in someone else's thread. I am very mindful of the safety of my child and don't need someone to advise me on what she does or doesn't need. The thread is for pics of people's children and grandchildren, not for people to come crap there opinions in.

Thanks and have a great day.

Any time you can spend time with your kids without any distraction is a good time. I enjoy hearing all of the questions and looking at the world through my kids eyes. It's great to see them when they shoot the rnd they have loaded and even better when the "DING!" comes back up the range.

Good for all of you guys!

Back
Top Bottom