• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Sounds Like Bull**** (but is true) Hunting Story

Vincent Vega

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
438   0
Reaction score
So tonight I was hunting a tough to get to lock on stand in a hardwood flat on the far end of my property. I'd already told shotgun 01 shotgun 01 to get his dragging pants and boots on because if I killed one, I was going to need some help to get him out.

About 5:50 I saw one little spike and two does. Then at 6:30 or so I look down slightly behind me and to my left and there's a big bobcat not more than 30 feet from the tree I'm in. This was only the third bobcat I've ever seen while in the stand so I get my phone out and start videoing. About that time a doe starts blowing. I look a little to the left and she wasn't more than 20 yards behind the bobcat. Now I'm not for sure but I think she was following the bobcat and may have been blowing at me because she looked at the bobcat and then looked up at me. Well she kept blowing and stomped a time or two. Then he left and then she left. Yes I have a short video of it lol.

It reminded me of a hunt I had two years ago. About 8:00 one morning I had a big coyote come up behind me and laid him out. Since it was still early I stayed in the stand and kept hunting. 30 minutes or so later a doe and her baby came in from the same direction the coyote came in from. She walked right up to the coyote, sniffed it, stomped and decided to move on before it came back to life. Yes I have video of it too lol.

This afternoon's hunt is what keeps me coming back for more. Most folks wouldn't understand or believe. What's your sounds like bull**** but true story?

My biggest story that people could think was bull is one evening I climbed down and came out of the woods early thinking I would sit on one the food plot I was gonna walk past. I sat down on the edge of the road on some small pines. I sat there for maybe 10 minutes and I saw 2 bucks in the plot sparring. They were slowly pushing back toward me. I had my gun up and was intending on shooting the winner. They pushed off to the side into the woods and I kept sitting there. About 5 minutes later right as I was about to get up and leave one of them came walking right toward me and got close enough I probably could've touched him. I just sat still and let him walk on by. He never spooked or anything.

Another one is last year in a ground blind I was hunting with my revolver and had a doe walk within 10 yards or so of me and just walk around the blind. I have no idea how she didn't smell me or hear me easing the hammer back.

Last bow season I had 3 otter get out of the pond and come running through the woods past me, I assume on the way to the other pond.

I was turkey hunting National forest about the mid 80’s,a truck was parked where I was gonna stop went down the rd about a mile to other side of creek, and walked about 1/2 mile down a firebreak and there was a 78 year old man sitting by a tree very distraught.i gave him my water bottle and told him not to move.i went to Monticello ga and found a policeman.we went back with help and they rescued him.he had been missing for 2 days.i always believed the good lord had a lot to do with that mourning ,all that transpired don’t happen by accident.

I was turkey hunting National forest about the mid 80’s,a truck was parked where I was gonna stop went down the rd about a mile to other side of creek, and walked about 1/2 mile down a firebreak and there was a 78 year old man sitting by a tree very distraught.i gave him my water bottle and told him not to move.i went to Monticello ga and found a policeman.we went back with help and they rescued him.he had been missing for 2 days.i always believed the good lord had a lot to do with that mourning ,all that transpired don’t happen by accident.
doing the lords work there brother

Back
Top Bottom