• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your thoughts on 45 autos...

Springfield xd45 mod 2 in sub compact is a fantastic shooter, in a lightweight, compact handgun with good capacity. I do not like Springfield as a company but I like their products, and the mod2 xd45sc is a fantastic carry gun, IMO.

Glock 30. Most self defense does not require shooting 6 inch plates at 25 yards. 1911's are generally easier to shoot, but Glock makes a fine self defense tool. Me and the wifey keep a pair of 19's handy, it makes mags/ ammo/ manual of arms easy. I prefer a Combat Commander, but to make things easier around the house for everyone, 9 it is.

Alot of great suggestions already, the 1911, most makes, shoot good. I vote Glock 30s..compact w/11 on deck.
Next time I get a .45 it's gonna be the G30s, it's just slightly bigger than a G19 and I've never heard anything but good things about it. That said, I've been carrying an all steel Wilson Combat Compact Protector with a 4" barrel & 7rd mags for the last 19 years. A Springfield Ultra Compact .45 for about 5 years before that and other 1911's before that. All the while I've tried carrying other weapons, Beretta 96, Browning HP, G29, G19, G21SF, G23, G17, S&W 642, and even a Browning BDA .380 but I always end up going right back to my trusty WC 1911. My only regret is that I wish now I had of ordered it with the lightweight frame instead of all steel, a heavy pistol and extra mags can be rough on a bad back after a long day.

MWJ MWJ are you wanting to stay with the 1911-type platform, or a striker-fired, or a DA/SA, or a different type of SAO?

What holster and belt are you currently using? Depending on what you are currently using, a different/better belt and/or holster could turn you CCW into a new and more comfortable system. The proper belt and holster are always important, but the bigger and heavier the handgun, the more important your rig is.

I will put in another vote for Glock 30 SF... I love carrying mine, been on 5 plus years now... best wintertime carry piece there is...and I started out carrying a Govt .45... 30 years ago... then a LTwt. Commander 70 series I had worked on and tuned up...

I have a para-ordnance p12-45 that has an alloy frame and carries quite well. 12 rounds of 45 acp goodness too. I do not think they make them anymore, or at least I haven't seen them.

Rosewood

wow all this .45 talk and havent even mentioned my favorite, the good ol USP compact
maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom