• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Thoughts on a 5.7x28

I have carried my FN five seven ever since December of 2015 . Elite S4M gives the pistol all the penetration and stopping power it needs .

It's literally saved my friends life a few times now. To me shot placement is everything . I've practiced with my five seven a lot . Now it's rare that I ever pull a group larger than an inch.

I first carried it for the weight savings and capacity . I now continue to carry it due to the ability it gives me to still get a round into an attackers heart even if under extreme pressure . That to me is worth whatever downsides it does have.

Those downsides are noise , flash and size:

The noise is fine as I am half deaf anyway. After the first shot from the 5.7 pistol you may not hear the rest anyway.

The flash is what it is . It does not bother me .

The size is fine too. Size I can handle but weight I cannot . The 5.7 pistol weighs less fully loaded then the glock 19s weigh empty .

Reliable, accurate, very light, great trigger. Safety is a fine motor skill. The issue is not with killing power, but with stopping power from a self defense standpoint. You are most likely going to deploy it at very close range, and you are going to make tiny little holes. I used to carry the FN 5.7 because I believed all the hype. I then had a job for a while where I was conducting FBI protocol Ballistics tests and one day after the shoot, I conducted it on my Five-Seven pistol. I sold it shortly after. I sometimes wish I had kept it and suppressed it and put a red dot on it, but I wouldn't use it for self defense.
I'm curious as to what ammo you used . The weak blue box and even the SS190 does not do the round justice. Suppressed is where it shines. You get the crack but the super loud report and bright flash are gone .

IMG_0165.JPG

My biggest complaint would be the price. The ammo, the gun, the mag, and other accessories are all very pricey. If you got the Rifle and Pistol and only wanted to rock one caliber it would be pretty effective. It's definitely a full frame pistol, so it would be difficult to conceal carry but not impossible. It's a pretty easy shooting. The safety for it in my opinion is in an odd place. It's more of a novelty weapon.
If you keep your index finger forward like you are suppose to then the safety is in the best spot .

I can easily hide my 5.7 pistol. The costs on all of it has gone way down.

Reliable, accurate, very light, great trigger. Safety is a fine motor skill. The issue is not with killing power, but with stopping power from a self defense standpoint. You are most likely going to deploy it at very close range, and you are going to make tiny little holes. I used to carry the FN 5.7 because I believed all the hype. I then had a job for a while where I was conducting FBI protocol Ballistics tests and one day after the shoot, I conducted it on my Five-Seven pistol. I sold it shortly after. I sometimes wish I had kept it and suppressed it and put a red dot on it, but I wouldn't use it for self defense.
Elite ammunition which was the best available at the time and I believe it still is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Are you able to share the data? If you recorded it . Brass fetcher did a test with S4M and it performed exceptionally well
I used the S6 Trident, which I don't think they make anymore. It's was segmented brass but not once did it break up as it was supposed to. And only part of the time would it even tumble.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Im a glock fan all the way.

Comparing a g 19 to a fn 5. 7 is apples to oranges. If

The 5.7 is light as a feather. Carrying weight is like night and day. That being said you have a lot of polymer on the 5.7

If you dont mind thw price.. 5.7 owns

Was always curious about this gun as I always am different as I carry 357sig. Saw a B movie with Cuban Gooding jr in it and this is what he had, made me peak my interest even more for some reason

I just got 1000 rounds shipped of the blue tipped 5.7x28 from psa for $359 for a friend. That's a big pistol to conceal though. I don't think the PMR 30 compares to it well at all. The PMR is more of a toy, the FN is a very nice pistol.

I love it out of the PS90, awesome gun. The pistol is a bit large. I recommend it, don't think I'd carry it for EDC.

FWIW - Weapon of choice for the Secret Service for years.

Back
Top Bottom