• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Thoughts on a 5.7x28

i wish i could get a pistol chambered in 20VT. i like the 22tcm as well, really need to play with that.
I like the 22tcm myself . Quick barrel change to 9mm. I like goofy stuff like that .

If I'm going full stupid round then it would be converting my full auto Mac-10 to .460 Rowland. That would be a beast

I used to have several, the ps90, 5x7 pistol and an AR57. I even had several boxes of FN armor piercing black tip ammo. The issues were several. First was the tiny round. I believed penetration was there with the solid tip bullets,but no initial stoping power and possible over penetration. Second was the rounds wild tragectory out of the ps90, depending on where you zeroed the optic, hitting a small target was very frustrating. Third was the fact that carrying either the pistol or rifle in relation to their size, you could have better options in larger calibers. Fourth I guess would be the cost and common availability of the ammo. There are to many better options of firearms of similar size and larger calibers. A fun toy, but not for me.

I used to have several, the ps90, 5x7 pistol and an AR57. I even had several boxes of FN armor piercing black tip ammo. The issues were several. First was the tiny round. I believed penetration was there with the solid tip bullets,but no initial stoping power and possible over penetration. Second was the rounds wild tragectory out of the ps90, depending on where you zeroed the optic, hitting a small target was very frustrating. Third was the fact that carrying either the pistol or rifle in relation to their size, you could have better options in larger calibers. Fourth I guess would be the cost and common availability of the ammo. There are to many better options of firearms of similar size and larger calibers. A fun toy, but not for me.

Agreed on the PS90.
I sold mine. If I'm grabbing a rifle then I want a rifle round or 9mm . The PS90 to me is useless . Fun but useless .

The pros out weigh the cons for me on the five seven pistol. The main reason I carry it is due to the flat trajectory, light weight , high capacity and high accuracy . It works for me but not for everyone.

That being said I do carry an extra 20 round mag and a glock 42 as a backup. I doubt I'll need those but better safe than sorry.

I have had pretty good expirences with the 5.7, but like everyone here has said before its all in the ammo choice. I traded my ps90 off awhile back but im getting the itch again and looking to pick one up as soon as I see one. If youre looking at only pistols and not getting the rifle to go with, i would grab a rock 22tcm before the FN, lot more benefits plus you can train with 9mm or switch to that in a shtf type scenario if you cant find any 22tcm.

If any of you guys are really that sick of your PS90's though, feel free to drop me a PM ;)

Back
Top Bottom