• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your thoughts on a Blackstone Grill

cwy

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
42   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Give me your thoughts on the Blackstone grill. I'm considering getting one and wanted to get some input, (good or bad), about what yall think.

I went back and forth on getting an outdoor griddle or not based on some of the reviews.
I was looking at both the Blackstone and Blue Rhino brands , most bad reviews were about rust issues. After figuring out that a lot of the bad reviews were from idiots who did not realize bare steel will rust. Think cast iron skillet (seasoned) or of you clean it all the way down, re apply oil.
I chose the Blue rhino 36/37" brand because the lids transform in to shelves when in use. Sometimes some rust here and there but no big deal. Tons of food can be cooked on it.
Those that I know that own the smaller outdoor griddles, all wish they had gotten the larger size. Mine has been great since day one.

Reactions: cwy
My wife loves hers. Since all the kids moved out, we got the 22" (I think), and it's just the right size for us. She seasoned the griddle properly, and hasn't had a minutes trouble with it.

Reactions: cwy
I have Three. You should buy one.

A few things:

Season it well.
Always clean while hot with just water and a spatula.
Buy one with the metal cover.
Put a drain in the grease trap and run a hose to a gallon jug to dispose of the grease and cleaning residue.

Back
Top Bottom