• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your thoughts on Federal Fusion Ammunition

deerthug

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
63   0
Reaction score
I have always shot Remington Core-Lokt 150 Grain PSP Bullets from my 280 Handi Rifle With Good Groups At Targets And Success When Hunting, But ammo is Scarce Over My Way. So I Am Thinking About Switching to Federal Fusion 140 Grain PSP Which Is Readily Available. Any And All Thoughts On This Matter Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Been using the Fusion 7.62 and .223 for a few years now, and it's been 100%. The one deer I shot with .223 last year had a fist sized exit hole, and it made it 10 yards tops. The hog I shot with .223 dropped on the spot. And the other deer I shot last year with 7.62 made it all of 20 yards with a nice blood trail from another large exit wound.

It is inexpensive and sighted in my rifle at 100 yrds with the last three in a nickle size pattern..... I like it..... the deer don't....

My roommate and his dad swear by it. Over 15 deer between the two of them the past couple years and none have taken a step

I have always shot Remington Core-Lokt 150 Grain PSP Bullets from my 280 Handi Rifle With Good Groups At Targets And Success When Hunting, But ammo is Scarce Over My Way. So I Am Thinking About Switching to Federal Fusion 140 Grain PSP Which Is Readily Available. Any And All Thoughts On This Matter Would Be Greatly Appreciated.
Buy what you want on the intertube.

I really like Federal ammo. I have never used the Fusions even though I have a new box. I don't even remember where or when I got it. I was thinking about trying it out this year. Normally I use the cheap blue box SP's (Power Shok) and they work great. I've killed a mess of deer with those. I use them because they are very accurate out of my rifles. I am sure the Fusions work fine.

Back
Top Bottom