• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your thoughts on traveling with firearm

I take one on trips BUT South Carolina don't play well with Georgia CC. they require a class is the reason the don't recognize ours. but if I got my britches on it's part of me.

An unloaded unavailable pistol does you no good. If you feel like being law safe keep it in the glove box with a loaded mag right next to it. I take my gun loaded to the gills with 2 extra mags everywhere I go.

This dog doesn't hunt in Maryland. Maryland requires a permit or you transport a locked gun with the ammo in a separate container. My propensity to not get arrested outweighs my desire to violate Maryland law. I might feel different if I had ever had to unholster in an emergency, but I haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

I take one on trips BUT South Carolina don't play well with Georgia CC. they require a class is the reason the don't recognize ours. but if I got my britches on it's part of me.

SC is not too bad. You can carry a loaded pistol in the glove box or console without a permit. I have relatives there also.

... I may just pack my machete....lol....

Actually... I'd even be careful on what knives you bring into MD. Fixed blades have length limit laws on them there, although from what I read folders are OK as long as they aren't 'assisted' by anything, including gravity. Good news is those seem to just be misdemeanors. Again... not a lawyer here so YMMV.

Actually... I'd even be careful on what knives you bring into MD. Fixed blades have length limit laws on them there, although from what I read folders are OK as long as they aren't 'assisted' by anything, including gravity. Good news is those seem to just be misdemeanors. Again... not a lawyer here so YMMV.

lol, I was not being serious about taking my machete.......

My pistol goes with me in the car everywhere, PERIOD. I really could care less about any state laws that restrict them. I keep my license and registration on my visor so I would never have to go though things to expose it if I were pulled over for a simple traffic violation. Plus, If I had to use it,I would rather be alive to explain why I had it than be dead and not have to worry about it. Just my 2 cents.

Goes back to that old saying "Id rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6".

Back
Top Bottom