• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Truck...let's see 'em...

ODTer's prefer which trucks below?

• TUNDRAS

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • TACOmas (this is not TACOs)

Votes: 50 15.8%
  • FORD F150...and all other F Series (GAS)

Votes: 97 30.7%
  • CHEVY's (incl GMC)

Votes: 89 28.2%
  • RAMs

Votes: 46 14.6%
  • NISSAN TITAN

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • FORD RANGERS

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • CHEVY COLORADO and other small trucks

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • MAZDA B2200

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • NISSAN Hardbodies

Votes: 6 1.9%

• Total voters
88 f150 xlt lariat 5,0 auto trans 95k miles

Attachments

• IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 16
It's not so much this is a great truck or beautiful or anything like that it's just a heck of a deal I got it for. I just totaled my dad's 2002 ram quad cab that I sold to him when I was working back at the Dodge dealership. It was quad cab with 6-ft bed had the real alloy 20 inch wheels, he put a step bar on it with the that lit up, spray in bedliner and it was very tastefully done and just a beautiful truck. Anyways I had to run off the road up here in these mountains when it was slick one day and totaled the damn thing. Back then trucks like his with $150,000 miles on them we're still selling for $15,000. And you just couldn't find decent truck for a decent price. Anyways I was at the bank open up an account and I just got off the top of my head so you don't know anybody has a truck for sale and she said yes I do we were going to buy it but decided not to so she gave me the guy's name and I called the guy and bought the truck. It's a 2004 GMC Sierra 4x4 SLE package and had 42,000 miles on it when I bought it. This was about a year and a half ago maybe a few more months longer I don't remember exactly when. The real kicker is I got it for $7,400. And the old man kept towels on the seats had carpet samples laid over the floor mats and the interior was in perfect condition looked like brand new. The exterior had not one scratch or one door thing on it it was an incredible shape and I basically stole the truck for $7,400 bucks. At the time I looked and it was book value was 12,500 on the low end at the time and you couldn't get a truck for book value at that time anyways. They were just very few and far between and the real nice ones were so expensive you just couldn't afford them. Especially on what the insurance page for what you wrecked. Anyways like I said nothing special about the truck except I just basically stole it at the time and I actually really like the truck. It rides great has automatic four wheel drive. It's just an excellent all around truck. Another thing I like about the truck is a vortec 5.3. it will accept all LS engine modifications and I know how to tune the engine if I ever get HP tuners again. So I would keep an eye out and see what this truck has coming later down the line. Some new tires and wheels obviously and probably a pretty good size camshaft and a nitrous system. Just to screw with the local mountain boys. Of course if I do that the camper shell will be eliminated. I can see 400 rear wheel horsepower and that's before the nitrous kicks in.
IMG_20220416_195355878.jpg

I gotta get this Bronco finished up and sold so I can get my ‘67 f100 done View attachment 5056346. Thinking 460 or (if I go AllOut) a 7.3 Godzilla?
If you going to go all that way put a coyote with a supercharger on it. Instant 1000 horsepower with the right camshaft.On the other hand you got to love those old v8s with carburetor. The overwhelming smell of gasoline is intoxicating and I love it! LOL

Back
Top Bottom