• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your worst buck fever mistake?

Scope was fogged over....biggest funky buck on property....looks through scope and from being dumb and taking gun from house to truck caused scoped to fog....needless to say I didn't get the shot....lesson learned...doh
I had a similar incident this past weekend. I was scoped in on a nice doe, released my breath and my glasses fogged. I had forgotten to move my face mask and it sent the warm air straight up... DANGITALLTOHECK!!!

was bow hunting on the edge of pines and hardwoods, was up about 25' in a pine. had a monster 10 pt buck walk right under me , as I grabbed the bow and aimed down to get situated ,the arrow wasn't nocked correctly and fell off the string and went plummeting to the ground hitting him in the ass that was all she wrote damn thing took off and I haven't seen it since. live and learn , all I could do was laugh and wait for another one.

I was bragging at camp a few years ago about killing every deer I ever shot at. A few hours later a really nice one walked out into the green field and posted up behind the only tree in the field. All I could see was his shoulder through the crotch of the tree. Well between my nerves and three inches of insulated clothing that made me strain to see through the scope I finally put the bullet right where I aimed it. I could almost swear he gave me the finger as he trotted out of the field.

Few years ago, killed a nice doe during morning hunt. Dressed her out at camp and went about the day in the same pants/shirt.

Got into stand for evening hunt and had no sooner sat down when I heard a commotion coming from behind me - glanced around and saw a very large and excited buck looking straight up at me. We literally made eye contact.

He realized that I wasn't the doe in heat that he expected long before I gathered my wits enough to get into shooting position.

Even though no shots were fired, still one of the most exhilarating hunting episodes that I've had. Taught me a lot about the sense of smell in deer hunting too.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom