• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Youth deer season

mhayes

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
43   0
Reaction score
Hey folks, For the past few years we have had a youth (15 years and younger) center-fire rifle season during the weekends of Adult (16 years and older) muzzle loading season. I was getting some gear together for my 13 year old daughter last night for a Sunday hunt. When i sat down to review the dates and make sure i was correct on opening on ML season. I realized there is not a youth season showing for this year. Has anyone else noticed that? I looked back and didn't see where they made any changes this year. But it is not showing under season dates and limits of the reg book. Does anyone know if it was removed or not? I tried to call the hotline and they are closed for the weekend by the time i got a chance to call. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Thanks. But that’s not what I am looking for. Or at least I didn’t see it. I’m looking for the one weekend that muzzleloader opens that the state allows youth to hunt with centerfire. Adults still have to hunt with muzzle loaders.

page 22 in the regs

Wait. I wasn’t clear in my original post. I’m not looking for quota or select youth hunts on state or government land. I’m talking about the regular season dates on private land that just allows youth the early weekend of rifle hunting. It’s been a rule for years all my kids have been able to do so for a long time. Now I can’t find where they are still allowing it. Sorry Biker13. I was clear on what I was asking. My bad.

Thanks. But that’s not what I am looking for. Or at least I didn’t see it. I’m looking for the one weekend that muzzleloader opens that the state allows youth to hunt with centerfire. Adults still have to hunt with muzzle loaders.
its in the primitive weapons section in the middle of page in the first paragraph.Under 16 hunt all week with centerfire during PW season.

I kept looking and finally found it. The online version of the book and the actual book must very. It’s on page 24 of the online version. Thanks so much Biker13!

I get 3 copies of the regs each year, 1 in the truck, 1 at the house and one to save,I have em going back a long time.

Back
Top Bottom