• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Youth moto cross

Eglock86

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
Anyone here have there kids in a moto cross league? My son has been riding since he was 4, we started on a 50PW and moved on to a Honda crf 50 and now it's time for him to get a 70 and both my wife and him are asking about getting him into motor cross and dad has no clue. I rode alot as a kid but not in a league.

I raced from 5 to 18 all over the Southeast, and went out to Ponca City, OK a few times. Just go to the AMA website. It can get you started on when, where, and any requirements. It will require deep pockets and a lot of time. Motorcross is a family sport, with fine folks. Have a great time and prepare to be amazed at how fast and aggressive kids can ride. Motorcross is the only sport where you have to bring your own balls.

View attachment 1229028 We started my son racing at age 5. Lived in Ohio at that time
Went from 50cc to 65 then 85 then 250f and age 16 stared racing 450 class

It is a expensive sport and dangerous
He has broke many of bones
Many stitches
A lot of. Burns
Been helicoptered off a track in Indiana
Had surgery in foot his senior year
He is active duty now and he still rides and races as time allows

My 14 year old daughter started age 4 with 50 cc
Then to 65. She is now on 85

She doesn't race she just rides and we are good with that

It's a rich man sport

Motorhomes
Big enclosed trailers
Constant rebuilds
Suspension set up
Different tires for different tracks

I was pregnant on a Sunday at a race treat city mx had my daughter Monday am
Was at Dayton mx club race Sunday. She was a couple days old

Dedication

I will say it's a good family sport

Glad your son still races on active duty. I raced while stationed in Italy as time allowed. Euros race like a bunch of *******.

Glad your son still races on active duty. I raced while stationed in Italy as time allowed. Euros race like a bunch of *******.

He had to do the "high risk packet" when he joined due to racing

He will never give it up.
. So much commitment and money

Lol my son has to have daddy at starting gate with his blocks
He's 5'6 125 on a ktm 450. He has balls

Anyone here have there kids in a moto cross league? My son has been riding since he was 4, we started on a 50PW and moved on to a Honda crf 50 and now it's time for him to get a 70 and both my wife and him are asking about getting him into motor cross and dad has no clue. I rode alot as a kid but not in a league.

From the 50 class he needs a 65. A 70 is just a trail bike. Can't race with it

I highly recommend ktm. They are the most expensive but are awesome.
My daughter had a ktm 65 but she just moved up to a kx85 and since she don't race no need to dump a **** ton into a ktm if she raced she would have a ktm like her bro

He had to do the "high risk packet" when he joined due to racing

He will never give it up.
. So much commitment and money

Lol my son has to have daddy at starting gate with his blocks
He's 5'6 125 on a ktm 450. He has balls

I had to stand on a milk crate in the gate when I moved up to 125s. I am also 5'6 but I weighed 125lbs when I was 12. It was a big disadvantage being bigger than the jockeys I was racing against. The two stroke bikes did not have tourqe the 4 stroke bikes do.

I had to stand on a milk crate in the gate when I moved up to 125s. I am also 5'6 but I weighed 125lbs when I was 12. It was a big disadvantage being bigger than the jockeys I was racing against. The two stroke bikes did not have tourqe the 4 stroke bikes do.

You should see parts prices on 450's. We are fortunate that my husband does all repair work but it's still costly.

My daughter just got a new kx 85. Her army brother actually paid for it. He said her 2015 was to old. Lol

Love 2 strokes. Cheap rebuilds

We always put external hour meters on all bikes. So daddy keeps track of rebuild times

Back
Top Bottom