• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Youth Sportsman's Club at Trion High School

lafayettegatiger

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
2   0
Reaction score
Howdy, I am a history teacher at Trion High School. It is in Chattooga County. Last school year I started a Sportsman's club at the school. We meet and discuss hunting, fishing and the outdoors. We are planning on volunteer work, raising money for charity and of course enjoying the outdoors. We have about 20 students both boys and girls. We had a deer chili cook off, big buck contest and we go coon hunting. The students are required to get their hunter education, which I am currently in the process of obtaining from the state. We are looking for someone to donate a hunting day on their land or lease for our students to deer hunt during gun season. Some do not have the opportunity to hunt for deer and as long as we are invited guests there is no liability. As a matter of fact, the parents support this 100%, and have even been looking for a donation lease for our club. I just had the idea for a guest hunt for our club and wanted to see if there were any other ideas out there.
Thanks for reading,
Jason Paseur 423-902-3475

I don't know if I would be able to help you out or not, our club lost half it's acreage during the summer. I do think this is an outstanding idea!!! It's a wonder the school district went along with it.

Back
Top Bottom