• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

YouTube TV? Anyone using it?

Have been bombarded with adverts and was going to try it, but called Directv to cancel and they offered me $50/mo off my current plan for 12 months. Brought my monthly to $20.99 with 3 boxes, though I only use two. Barely watch TV but for $20/mo it saves me the hassle of switching. I’ll reasses in 12 months but I think a lot of people are thinking of ditching these overpriced tv providers so they are trying hard to retain customers. Competition is always a good thing for consumers.

The good the bad and the ugly?
I'm am determined to cut the cable....
I might check it out if they weren't ditching all amazon devices, but then again Amazon does allow my to subscribe to the best networks like CBS, HBO and Stars directly. I haven't had cable or any TV other than streaming like Netflix, Hulu, amazon etc for about 8 years and now its almost impossible for me to watch anything on tv as I get super frustrated with the excessive ads.

We cut the cable. Tried the YouTube TV free trial for a week. It was ok, the app was kind of neat, but for $40/month for the limited channels, we didn’t keep it. Wife & visiting inlaws are mostly interested in HGTV & Food Network, & it had neither. I don’t watch much tv. We’re currently using antenna, Netflix (already had), Prime (already had), Hulu basic (added $8/month). Cut our Comcast bill from $189 down to $50.

Actually i just remembered that i did have cable my firs year in PA, cause it was free the first year with the internet. that whole year i only attempted to watch it twice and in both cases I gave up within an hour cause of all the ads.

Have been bombarded with adverts and was going to try it, but called Directv to cancel and they offered me $50/mo off my current plan for 12 months. Brought my monthly to $20.99 with 3 boxes, though I only use two. Barely watch TV but for $20/mo it saves me the hassle of switching. I’ll reasses in 12 months but I think a lot of people are thinking of ditching these overpriced tv providers so they are trying hard to retain customers. Competition is always a good thing for consumers.
So obviously you got to talk with one of I Dish/Direct employees who are responsible for managing the decline and eventual demise of their industry. That's funny to me. I'm glad you got the discounted plan from them. They're all just treading water at this point.

We dropped DTV for YouTube.tv. DTV tried to give us a better deal that day on the phone, then called me back the next day with a sweeter deal, and finally sent a brochure in the mail with a stripped down cheaper version.

We have been happy with the YouTube. About the only channels we miss are Discovery and HGTV.

The only bad thing I have noticed is that certain live sports events will not play on my phone (mobile). It says it would be available to cast or to watch from a laptop. (I think that is what it said)

So obviously you got to talk with one of I Dish/Direct employees who are responsible for managing the decline and eventual demise of their industry. That's funny to me. I'm glad you got the discounted plan from them. They're all just treading water at this point.

It's their customer retention dept. Just call them and threaten to cancel and they will transfer you to that team. I should've done it years ago but apparently you can call every 12 months and get promo rates, just like I have to do with Comcast. Other than the slow equipment and outages every time a cloud passes by, I have no complaints about Directv. But like i said, I rarely watch TV except for some sports.

Though limited the cables they offer will work. I was pleasantly surprised by the sports lineup. I'd miss Velocity and I'm not sure how wifey will survive without Hallmark but for $35 a month, I'm sure we can figure it out.
My biggest concern is the EASE OF OPERATION. I'm still not sure how we'd get it to display on all our TV's and which gizmo makes the most sense to purchase to facilitate that. I'd just like to get it as close to 'normal' operation via remote, as possible.

Back
Top Bottom