• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

YouTube videos

And a cop hiding at the bottom of a steep hill on a country road looking to extort you for not riding your breaks down the hill isn't an asshole.

Cops stopping you at road blocks and shinning lights to your back seat, snooping and invading your privacy aren't being assholes?

Had that happen to me recently. Driving back from Buffalo and coming down through the mtns in VA... Steep grade up the mtn where you are going 40mph behind trucks, and then everyone coasting down the mtn around 80mph or so...

Cop on the side of the road tags me with radar, which seems dubious as I am in a pack of at least 10 cars all going the same speed, traffic was fairly heavy...

Pulls me over, says I was doing 88mph... I point out that I was in the middle of a pack of cars... He says that they were all doing around 85mph and I was visibly gaining on the car in front of me.

I am sure it had nothing to do with my being in a big red truck with straight pipes and out of state tags, drawing attention to myself. But, he was pleasant enough and I am not gonna debate him on the side of the road. He gives me my ticket, I sign it and drive away.

It is at that point where my wife reads the ticket fully and says that it has "Reckless Driving" on it. She pulls up her laptop and does a little research, and it turns out that VA has taken "Super Speeder" to a whole new level.

Any speeding violation 80mph or higher, regardless of the posted speed limit, is no longer a "moving violation"... It is an automatic criminal offense, a class III misdemeanor with a max penalty of $2500 and up to 12 months in prison.

Yeah, 10 over, if they wanted to throw the book at you, can put you in jail.

I had to hire a lawyer to go and appear in court for me, had to pay $100 and take a saturday for the A-1 Defensive Driving school in Gainesville and sit next to a guy that just got out of prison for leading police on a high speed chase through Atlanta a few years ago because he was a dealer and had 2 kilo's of pot in the trunk...

It's pretty clear that the law and the tactics used, are to generate revenue. But I WAS speeding, so do I have a real defense here?

Had that happen to me recently. Driving back from Buffalo and coming down through the mtns in VA... Steep grade up the mtn where you are going 40mph behind trucks, and then everyone coasting down the mtn around 80mph or so...

Cop on the side of the road tags me with radar, which seems dubious as I am in a pack of at least 10 cars all going the same speed, traffic was fairly heavy...

Pulls me over, says I was doing 88mph... I point out that I was in the middle of a pack of cars... He says that they were all doing around 85mph and I was visibly gaining on the car in front of me.

I am sure it had nothing to do with my being in a big red truck with straight pipes and out of state tags, drawing attention to myself. But, he was pleasant enough and I am not gonna debate him on the side of the road. He gives me my ticket, I sign it and drive away.

It is at that point where my wife reads the ticket fully and says that it has "Reckless Driving" on it. She pulls up her laptop and does a little research, and it turns out that VA has taken "Super Speeder" to a whole new level.

Any speeding violation 80mph or higher, regardless of the posted speed limit, is no longer a "moving violation"... It is an automatic criminal offense, a class III misdemeanor with a max penalty of $2500 and up to 12 months in prison.

Yeah, 10 over, if they wanted to throw the book at you, can put you in jail.

I had to hire a lawyer to go and appear in court for me, had to pay $100 and take a saturday for the A-1 Defensive Driving school in Gainesville and sit next to a guy that just got out of prison for leading police on a high speed chase through Atlanta a few years ago because he was a dealer and had 2 kilo's of pot in the trunk...

It's pretty clear that the law and the tactics used, are to generate revenue. But I WAS speeding, so do I have a real defense here?
Ouch man, that sucks. Things like that is why I don't mind these nerds trolling the police.

Watch one called The Revenue Whores of Camden County. It's done by some guy or group called Photography is Not a Crime. Basically it shows you 1) How crooked the former Camden County Sheriff was. 2) Cops tend to get real nervous when you start taking pics. One video in front of the Glynn Co courthouse shows bailiffs threatening to arrest a guy for taking pics of the back of the courthouse while standing on a sidewalk across the street.
As far as the carrying or open carrying issue goes I'd say it really just depends on luck of the draw. You might run into a cop who understands and appreciates the Constitution or you might run into a total jerk off on a power trip.

Ouch man, that sucks. Things like that is why I don't mind these nerds trolling the police.

Well, in the end I was speeding and the guy was actually very polite.

In the end I was able to take advantage of Legal Shield(a benefit from my employer), and I paid $200 flat fee for the lawyer, $95 for the defensive driving class, and my reduced ticket with no points was $312.

Guys like this that provoke reactions are annoying

Butcops could not provide a reaction and these idiots will find something better to do

Well, in the end I was speeding and the guy was actually very polite.

In the end I was able to take advantage of Legal Shield(a benefit from my employer), and I paid $200 flat fee for the lawyer, $95 for the defensive driving class, and my reduced ticket with no points was $312.
Well as long as he was polite while he was extorting you :lol:

"And a cop hiding at the bottom of a steep hill on a country road looking to extort you for not riding your breaks down the hill isn't an asshole. "

Had this happen to me. He nailed about 15 of us that afternoon. Rural backroad.

Back
Top Bottom