• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yugo M67 7.62x39 123gr FMJ Surplus on strippers in sealed crate $199.92/1,120

Someone in another thread asked about this stuff on strippers so here it is. I bought 2 cases of this a few weeks ago and it came in 3 days. Here's a hint to save a few dollars ordering this. If you want to order more than one case order them seperately. If you put multiples on the same order it will cost more for shipping. When I ordered mine the shipping for 2 cases was $16 more than if I placed two seperate orders. I called them to ask about this and was told by Chris it has to do with the weight being close to the maximum before the calculator generates a new base shipping charge. He told me to place two orders. I also put in the comments section for the second order that it was not an accidental purchase. I did this so they would know I was purchasing more than one case and not hold up the shippment. They will call you to make sure it wasn't done by accident if you don't tell them in the comments area.

Well i screwed up then.

What was the per case shipping price BEFORE you re-orderd them separately for the better price?

What did you actually pay?

My online order put zero for shipping cost... And it went through >shrug?

Just to be clear I didn't reorder, I just checked the the price of one case with shipping and the the price of two cases with shipping. The shipping for one case from them in Tenn. to me in north central Louisiana was about $31.26. If I ordered two cases it would have been $79. That's $39.50 per case. That's when I decided to call them and ask why it was more to ship two cases. In the end I ordered the two cases seperately and it saved me $16. Shipping ammo is tricky because it's so heavy. These guys are subject to the rules of the shippers, ie FED EX and UPS and they have a weight cut off for each package of 66lbs. when this weight is reached another base shipping charge is generated. I've run into this with many online sellers. It's not the sellers but the shippers in most cases. Some places do pad their shipping to make up for lower ammo prices but Wideners isn't one of them. They're straight up good guys to deal with. Heck you may even be getting free shipping though I don't know of any shipping specials they have going at the moment. Bottom line is you won't get over charged and if you call them and ask for Chris he might even split the order for you.

I might add, though in the long run you may have paid slightly more than you could have you're still coming out ahead. Even if you paid $40 shipping each that still puts these at $20 cheaper than the next cheapest deal for these which is $259 shipped. I use $40 dollars which is probably high. With these being $199.92 plus $40 makes the total $239.92. Everyone else who has these has raised their price on these, the next cheapest before shipping being $259. I wouldn't feel bad. On top of that I just went to the site and tried to put a case in my cart to check the shipping for two cases and they came back with they only have 13 boxes of 40rds left. You can compare the price of these here http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39&showall=true.

Last edited:
Those people are almost impossible to get through to, on the phone.

Ended up not having a positive experience with them, after driving out of my way to pick up a bunch of 7.62x39 & 5.56.

Alot of hassle just to save on shipping charges.

Back
Top Bottom