• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yugo m70 lower HANDGUARD

BLIP

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
STOCKS REFINISHED
657   1
Reaction score
I replace the plastic furniture with wood on the Yugo there's a little latch to release which was difficult to move forward and now I'm having trouble pushing it back. Is there some goofy trick missing?

akk-7371_1161_detail.jpg

You have to make sure the flat part is down . Look at the barrel and you will see a notch. That rod rotates into the notch in the barrel
Does the pin not rotate into the notch it was a son of a &*(%^ to release and now it is perpendicular to the barrel. I dd not have to remove the retainer fully initially I just had to scoot it forward about and inch

Does the pin not rotate into the notch it was a son of a &*(%^ to release and now it is perpendicular to the barrel. I dd not have to remove the retainer fully initially I just had to scoot it forward about and inch
You want the flat side down so it slides without resistance . Then once in place the rounded end fills the notch in the barrel.

If stuck give it a wack with a hammer . You won’t hurt it

I can get it from forward parallel with the barrel straight up to 90 degrees and then it just won't budgeView attachment 1606984

Simply means it fits well which is better than a sloppy fitting lower HG.

Take a brass hammer and give it a few light taps while applying pressure rearward towards the receiver. It should just rotate right into position.

All my AKs have a tight fit as well.

Back
Top Bottom