• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

One more RPK pic.
20180427_190920.jpg

I really dig the grain pattern in the furniture. I also had a side rail installed on the rifle so I can throw a red dot on it later. It's a low enough rail that I can use the irons when I pull the dot off. It's definitely a lot handier than a full size RPK with 6" of barrel going bye bye, but it's still a hefty rifle. Built like a tank and weighs about the same. I love it.
I would have taken more pictures, but I had other things going on that were pressing me for time. Range report might come in 2-3 weeks. Either way, super excited.

That's sweet! On Monday I'm sending a crooked AMD-65 to OK. Going to get re-barreled with a cut down FB Radom CHF. Looks like we'll be waiting out the next 90 or so days together LOL.
Selling that $290 AR made this possible :usa:
Yes! Seems like you and I are usually on the same waiting wave-length together it’s only fitting to suffer together. Misery loves company :becky:

Looking forward to seeing to seeing it finished, I've always liked Kybher builds. What finish does Two Rivers usually apply?
They’ve actually turned most of my buddies onto “Russian blue” which is a paint (not sure of all the details) but it’s a great finish and looks wonderful. My RPK they suggested I just blue the receiver and barrel to match the original kit because my kits bluing was in pristine condition which was solid advice and looks great. I’ve just never heard of anyone have them straight blue a full kit, anyone got one?

That's sweet! On Monday I'm sending a crooked AMD-65 to OK. Going to get re-barreled with a cut down FB Radom CHF. Looks like we'll be waiting out the next 90 or so days together LOL.
Oh btw I’ve got a Polish FB CHF bbl in my kit too :rockon:

Was this the AMD Classic was selling? Other than the crooked barrel decent build?

Was this the AMD Classic was selling? Other than the crooked barrel decent build?
Yep. I bought at $399 thinking that's what the parts would at least be worth even if the build quality sucked. I think the barrel pin was drilled incorrectly, which made the RSB crooked. It was REALLY bad. I could have dealt with a little bit of cant, but it's so crooked it's not even funny. On top of that, the barrel is 4140, so it's on the softer side. It's also not the correct AMD finish (needs to be painted black).
I figure it was worth replacing with a cold hammer forged barrel and getting it cut down, crowned, and blind pinned to get that 12.5" look. All in all, I will have a very close copy to the real deal for less than $800 all in. If I'm lucky, I can sell the old barrel for some beer money.

View attachment 1606332
JDS556762 JDS556762 forget the blued finish and go with this, lol. I think I'm gonna start looking for an ak to clone this. What are those silver things on the handguard called? Decorative push pins? Sequins?
They use like little leather studs and pound em in there haha tassels....well you know where you gotta go to steal you some tassles

I've been thinkin of a base ak to start. I don't have anything in the safe to bfpu without regretting it. Maybe a wasr, either way I'll be collecting up paki tape, etc. Studs and leather tassels, gotta figure out an angle on those, lol.

Back
Top Bottom