• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

I straight whored a M590 pistol grip during my first deployment especially when riding in a turret. It was the “get back” gun for vehicles. Dropped, scratched, covered in sand, blown up, dragged never had not one break.
One thing (well two things actually) I really prefer on the Mossbergs over the 870 and it's clones is the shell elevator. It stays out of the way so you have much easier access to a quick top off of the mag tube. The shiny shoe horn looking ones on the 870 as well as my old Smith 1000P ghetto gun has to be pushed out of the way with each shell. But the best feature is the placement of the slide release. It's just right on the Mossberg. I don't dig the forward front of the trigger guard position of the 870 style.

So I just went through all 54 pages of this thread and I think I might need to get back into the AK game...might. I knew I had been avoiding it for a reason. At any rate, does anyone know if the wood furniture, etc from one of these kits would be direct swap to a Century C308? I like the beat up battle rifle look. Makes it seem more legit
https://whatacountry.com/cetme-model-c-parts-kit.aspx

So I just went through all 54 pages of this thread and I think I might need to get back into the AK game...might. I knew I had been avoiding it for a reason. At any rate, does anyone know if the wood furniture, etc from one of these kits would be direct swap to a Century C308? I like the beat up battle rifle look. Makes it seem more legit
https://whatacountry.com/cetme-model-c-parts-kit.aspx
It’s an awesome thread isn’t it :becky: It’s about to get picture heavy again when my side folder kit comes back from Two Rivers

As far as the beater wood question I bet it fits seeing as century usually uses surplus kits themselves but I’m not sure, where the cetme and HK 90 series boys at?

That's what I figured. Yeah, I've been building a few ARs lately but that's already getting old. Next up is a 7.62x39 side charger then who knows. The links that have been posted here have me drooling over all manner of third world arms. Thanks!

The mossy tang safety is a double-edged sword. On the shockwave, when firing one handed, your thumb has to uncoil and lift off the grip in order to de-acivate the safety, whereas the 870 (shockwave version) is deactivated via trigger finger with no loosening of the firearm's grip. I do prefer Mossy's though :thumb:
This is true I didn’t think about it and the birdshead grip. I had a mossy shockwave but haven’t messed with the 870s too much.

04A09A11-9639-4BF3-B505-A245A377D0C9.jpeg

Took the MD 65 to work the other day to shoot it for the first time and dial it in. When I zero an AK I start at 25 meters with the rear sight set to 200. Once that’s done I move to 100 meters with the rear sight on 100 and make any small adjustment for a final zero. I then set the rear sight to, in this case “P”, for belt buckle hold and reliable torso hits from 50 to 300 meters.

At 25 meters no adjustment needed to the centered front sight. At 100 no adjustment needed :tongue:, shooting about 2.5 inch 5 round groups. Set it to “P” and forget it!

What a Beaut!

Back
Top Bottom